Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

That it's moving. Nothing more, apparently. Mine was "processed through regional facility" in LA and arrived at the LA airport exactly one week (!) later.

I'm beginning to suspect that USPS are having a bit of a mess going on at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

That it's moving. Nothing more, apparently. Mine was "processed through regional facility" in LA and arrived at the LA airport exactly one week (!) later.

I'm beginning to suspect that USPS are having a bit of a mess going on at the moment.

Its called Christmas Rush

55 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Its called Christmas Rush

I understand that there are delays and missed delivery dates in the weeks before Christmas. But a parcel sitting somewhere in LA for a whole week before arriving at the airport (obviously not moving through any tracked locations) seems like more than should normally happen. They managed to get packages to Australia in the time it took mine to reach their local airport.

9 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

But a parcel sitting somewhere in LA for a whole week before arriving at the airport (obviously not moving through any tracked locations) seems like more than should normally happen.

That definitely does seem odd. Don't know if there's been a marked increase in post over the past week but mine made it from LLL's office to LA airport in less than 24 hours (it shipped the first day though). 

In fact, the only real hold-up with my copy was customs in Australia inexplicably holding it up for 5 days (when @Arpy had their copy processed in less than 2). Unfortunately getting caught up in the Christmas rush is unavoidable in December. Definitely wasn't LLL's original plan. 

13 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I understand that there are delays and missed delivery dates in the weeks before Christmas. But a parcel sitting somewhere in LA for a whole week before arriving at the airport (obviously not moving through any tracked locations) seems like more than should normally happen. They managed to get packages to Australia in the time it took mine to reach their local airport.

Back in the day when I ran a shipping Department (think 20th Century) I had a package scheduled to be delivered in July not show up. We had a replacement shipped. Then the next March. I get the original pack. Instead of sending it next day are we got it next nine months delivery. It turns out the package had fallen off the conveyor and once a year they do a solid cleaning and that's when they found it

I hope you get to replacement soon

I don't like to complain, mind you, and I try not to. It's unavoidable to have peaks at times like these, and while I'm sure they try to do everything they can, there's a point where you hit storage capacity. Also hiring even more people for the top of the peak just doesn't pay off. But it's still annoying when slow shipping, slow customs and bad tracking coincide, and possibly lost packages as well.

The possibly lost one is the Intrada order with Dracula. I'll give it a few more days before I start inquiries. It's still unclear whether I'll get Potter in time for Christmas. It's in the city, but after 24 hours still doesn't seem to have reached the customs office.

What the hell?! My USPS says:

19 December 2018 - 11:52 - GERMANY - DELIVERED

19 December 2018 - 06:19 - GERMANY - ATTEMPTED DELIVERY - SCHEDULED FOR ANOTHER DELIVERY ATTEMPT TODAY

19 December 2018 - 06:19 - FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN,GERMANY - PROCESSED THROUGH FACILITY

Well, that's great, isn't it? The only problem is that it was NOT delivered!

4 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

What the hell?! My USPS says:

19 December 2018 - 11:52 - GERMANY - DELIVERED

19 December 2018 - 06:19 - GERMANY - ATTEMPTED DELIVERY - SCHEDULED FOR ANOTHER DELIVERY ATTEMPT TODAY

19 December 2018 - 06:19 - FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN,GERMANY - PROCESSED THROUGH FACILITY

Well, that's great, isn't it? The only problem is that it was NOT delivered!

That happened to me once, package was marked as delivered in the tracking when I was not even home to receive it and it could not have fitted through the mail slot, so I contacted the post office and they delivered the package later the same day. Probably a scanning error or some other mistake. And this was not during Christmas rush.

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

That happened to me once, package was marked as delivered in the tracking when I was not even home to receive it and it could not have fitted through the mail slot, so I contacted the post office and they delivered the package later the same day. Probably a scanning error or some other mistake. And this was not during Christmas rush.

I really doubt that it was attempted to be delivered at 6:19(?!) in the morning. Looks like it was shipped from Frankfurt to my home town during the forenoon and attempted to be delivered once at 11:52 which is a realistic time. I don't know what happened then, because my sister was present at that time to receive the package. But she didn't receive anything and there's no note indicating that the package was instead given to a neighbor or to the local post office. Hopefully, they just forgot that goddamn note, but right now I'm quite unsettled, for this is a very expensive package that could be anywhere right now.

No one has it, neither any of my neighbors nor the local post office.

"You got a note?"

"Nope."

"You haven't got a note, you haven't got a package."

"But the tracking of USPS says..."

"May I ask what I can do about it, when..."

"Well, fuck you."

That was basically my conversation at the post office. I think, I have to contact USPS.

Well I contacted our local post and their tracking information was ever worse than USPS's since their info ended on the 8th of December when the parcel was delivered to the sorting facility in California while my own tracking stopped on the 12th. So much for that then.

Unless it is delivered today, then I won't get it before Christmas since I am going away for holidays. Oh well. Better luck next year.

23 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Well I contacted our local post and their tracking information was ever worse than USPS's since their info ended on the 8th of December when the parcel was delivered to the sorting facility in California while my own tracking stopped on the 12th. So much for that then.

Unless it is delivered today, then I won't get it before Christmas since I am going away for holidays. Oh well. Better luck next year.

I’ve got today, Friday, and Saturday so I’m not entirely out of lives yet but I’ve accepted that I won’t have it Xmas morning. I don’t know if there’s post on Xmas eve. 

6 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I’ve got today, Friday, and Saturday so I’m not entirely out of lives yet but I’ve accepted that I won’t have it Xmas morning. I don’t know if there’s post on Xmas eve. 

Does Royal Mail operate there? If so, then yeah.

Karol

14 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

If you get it by Christmas, remember to blast Christmas Morning cue or Christmas at Hogwarts from HPPS when you open the box. ;) 

8 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Does Royal Mail operate there? If so, then yeah.

Karol

No we’re an independent country so it’s An Post that manages our post 😜 I’ve checked and they are delivering Xmas eve so that’s an extra life! There’s a small bit of hope!!

2 minutes ago, Incanus said:

If you get it by Christmas, remember to blast Christmas Morning cue or Christmas at Hogwarts from HPPS when you open the box. ;) 

Of course!

Funny how things have turned with my package... I have just got both at the same time: the original with the wrong address and the replacement. I wrote LLL asking how I return one of the packages (actually I only opened one, the other should have the same content).

The interesting detail is that the Spanish Postal Service tried to leave me the first package but they couldn't figure out the address, and it was after getting the second package when they realised that the first one should also go to my address.

16 minutes ago, DrTenma said:

Funny how things have turned with my package... I have just got both at the same time: the original with the wrong address and the replacement. I wrote LLL asking how I return one of the packages (actually I only opened one, the other should have the same content).

The interesting detail is that the Spanish Postal Service tried to leave me the first package but they couldn't figure out the address, and it was after getting the second package when they realised that the first one should also go to my address.

Congrats for getting the package, twice. :) 

Now you have a spare copy.

The delivery time is fucking unpredictable, no matter where you live, when you ordered or when it was submitted. It seems to be like roulette.

I would really like to know, where my Harry Potter set is right now.:(

52 minutes ago, Incanus said:

I assume that I will be able to return it to LLL. In the unlikely case that they tell me to keep it, I'll be able to make a very nice present for someone hahahaha 

48 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

How in the hell did you receive the replacement that was sent five days after mine, before me... :p.

Mine is still on Madrid.

No idea, the shipments are a mess. The first copy arrived at Madrid the same day as the replacement (and the replacement was sent 3 days after the original package), but it was sent to the postal service 2 days before the replacement. I think all these is random.

1 hour ago, Bilbo said:

People have gotten two copies and I still haven’t gotten one 😭

I'm sorry. As I was saying I think the postal services are a mess, they are serving the packages randomly. I'm sure everything works smoothly in other time of the year but christmas is just crazy.

I hope you get yours soon :)

1 hour ago, DrTenma said:

Kudos to the Spanish postal service for figuring it out! 😂 

They figured there's only one person here who might order the Complete Harry Potter soundtracks boxset! 

2 hours ago, Incanus said:

And it's official. No Harry Potter: John Williams Soundtrack Collection or Schindler's List for me this Christmas. Foiled by the untraceable stealth package and Christmas Rush and only lord knows what else. Bummer.

Clearly some postal services in Europe are handling the Christmas rush waaaaay better than others :|

Maybe next year the dispatching might start sooner. A week must make a lot of difference when it comes to Christmas mail. Especially since the 'big one' is unlikely to be a release on this scale.

2 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Clearly some postal services in Europe are handling the Christmas rush waaaaay better than others :|

I suspect this was entirely USPS's fault. Their tracking ended on the 12th while my package was on its way from one of their facilities to the next. Not even to the airtport. And of course our postal service is pretty slow and incompetent at times, rush or no rush.

3 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Look at the bright side. At least you'll have a hell of a New Year.

Karol

Well there is that.

If the package arrives at all.

5 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

So you haven't had any tracking since last Weds?

Nope. It just ended there.

And it had to be THIS of all the packages that I have ordered that went off the grid. :P 

My word, 67 pages... this is a major event. My set arrived yesterday, along with Schindler's. Hoping to find some time to experience all it during next week's time off. Overwhelmed at the moment. Congrats LLL, MM and Jay.

The local seller FacetheMusic finally listed it... for 185$ (or 161€) +shipping. Even with my 10% regular customer dicount, yeah, no thanks.

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Maybe next year the dispatching might start sooner. A week must make a lot of difference when it comes to Christmas mail. Especially since the 'big one' is unlikely to be a release on this scale.

Mine is still in the US...

I am just going to assume that my package will arrive tomorrow when I am not here to receive it. Just to spite me.

Receiving the set is like losing one's virginity at school was. Everyone feels like he has to get/give the package as soon as possible and those who are late in the game feel more and more desperation. Everyone is talking about this one matter and a few people cannot properly join the conversation and just talk about what they saw on the internet.