Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

6 hours ago, DrTenma said:

Funny how things have turned with my package... I have just got both at the same time: the original with the wrong address and the replacement. I wrote LLL asking how I return one of the packages (actually I only opened one, the other should have the same content).

Same thing happened with my JP order two years ago... first one was untraceable after taking 5 weeks, when I wrote to LLL they immediately sent another one, which arrived 6 days later, and the next day the original showed up. I inquired with them how I can return the spare, but never heard back, then I kinda forgot about it... so it's still gathering dust somewhere (the unopened package, that is).

My HP/SL is still sitting in Frankfurt customs, for a solid 7 days now. The excitement rises...

3 minutes ago, ChrisAfonso said:

Same thing happened with my JP order two years ago... first one was untraceable after taking 5 weeks, when I wrote to LLL they immediately sent another one, which arrived 6 days later, and the next day the original showed up. I inquired with them how I can return the spare, but never heard back, then I kinda forgot about it... so it's still gathering dust somewhere (the unopened package, that is).

My HP/SL is still sitting in Frankfurt customs, for a solid 7 days now. The excitement rises...

Chris, I would gladly buy your extra JP set 😀

They changed from preorder to temporarily out of stock, so I guess they just got some and sent them all out to people who preordered.

SoundtrackCorner has Harry Potter available!

Apparently "Delivery Attempt" can also mean that the package was given to the custom services. But that doesn't explain my "Delivered" notification. Does it mean it was successfully delivered to the custom services? If yes, that would be a pretty stupid way to express that!

7 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Clearly some postal services in Europe are handling the Christmas rush waaaaay better than others :|

Most of my delays were in LA, so still down to USPS. Also, the other package that seems lost apparently never left the US.

Anyway, the LLL package arrived at the customs office this morning. If they clear it tomorrow, I might get it on Saturday.

14 hours ago, ChrisAfonso said:

I wrote them yesterday and I haven't heard from them yet... Anyway, maybe until January they are not there (form the 19th until January 3rd there are no shipments). I'll iterate the process if I don't hear from them. 

BTW, about customs, my packages didn't get stopped there but for those that have that situation, do you need to pay extra after that? Or is "only" the annoyance of waiting extra time for no clear reason?

At least in Austria, you only have to pay fees if the customs declare your package taxable. Should be like this everywhere, because everything from "abroad" (in economic union terms) has to go through customs, and you'd have to pay fees for everything otherwise.

My LLL package is still stuck in customs. But good news from the Intrada package: It's alive! It surprisingly arrived at the customs office today. Which doesn't make the tracking history look any less absurd:

AUSTRIA, 1000 WIEN, Held in Customs

In Transit to Next Facility

SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility

That's two entire weeks from the last SF checkpoint to Austria.

(No idea why the board made my last comment part of the quote. It's an uneditable bit of text now, too. I guess the tracking site layout messed up the parser)

OK so I just received my box, opened it and started reading one of the booklets, looks wonderful and all !

Then I play the first CD and... it only has 9 tracks, with one being 28 minutes-long !!

So I listen to it, sounds like it is CD1 but with an extremely weird sequencing, and tracks 8 and 9 not working properly.. 

I then try the 2nd one, and... it has the exact same thing 😶

I then try CD3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ...guess what 😯

I got 7 CDs of this :

HP.jpg

Gonna email LLL right way about it, but did this happen to anyone else here ?

I had weird sequencing and unrippable tracks with the LotR rarities disc, that one was unreplaceable on its own. LLL will surely send replacements.

9 minutes ago, Marc said:

OK so I just received my box, opened it and started reading one of the booklets, looks wonderful and all !

Then I play the first CD and... it only has 9 tracks, with one being 28 minutes-long !!

So I listen to it, sounds like it is CD1 but with an extremely weird sequencing, and tracks 8 and 9 not working properly.. 

I got 7 CDs of this :

HP.jpg

Gonna email LaLa right way about it, but did this happen to anyone else here ?

Something very weird has happened to your set, definitely not right. Manufacturing issue for sure.

Get onto LLL asap and they can hopefully mail out a replacement copy before closing their office for Christmas. 

29 minutes ago, Marc said:

I got 7 CDs of this :

HP.jpg

WTF! 

What's Piste? So you got seven CDs playing the exact same thing, with weird sequencing? Seven times CD 1?

Sounds like a bad joke.... 

2 hours ago, Marc said:

I got 7 CDs of this :

HP.jpg

Damn, don't scary me and other people man! What if everyone has this on his set? Some error pressing from Lala land? My mail package with cd's even hasn't left Lala land quarters. They just put a sticker with mailing  address few days ago and now is only silence and damn waiting. It will be a long waiting.

4 hours ago, Marc said:

I got 7 CDs of this :

HP.jpg

Tried with Exact Audio Copy (EAC) on your computer? It's free.

3 minutes ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

So my order departed from Amsterdam on the 18th, but I haven't seen any update since.

How do I know if/when it arrives in Wageningen?

I'm a bit confused...

Last news I had was also on the 18th, it was still in Paris and I got it today ( I live 200km north from Paris )

28 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

I read more weird things about this set than I've read about any other. Was LLL pressed for time or something?

I mean. 3 or 4 out of 5,000 isn't bad. But yes, I'd imagine they were pressed for time. It's the Holiday season, it's incredibly high in demand, maybe even higher than they anticipated. 

I'm sure there are defective sets that happen all the time. It's bound to happen and I'm sure LLL accounted for it and will be willing to help people fix whatever may be wrong.

47 minutes ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

So my order departed from Amsterdam on the 18th, but I haven't seen any update since.

How do I know if/when it arrives in Wageningen?

I'm a bit confused...

According to the USPS website my package is still in transit, but I got it one week ago. I found out when my package was arriving after I filled in my country, postal code and USPS tracking number at https://www.internationalparceltracking.com/#/search.

2 hours ago, FrankV said:

According to the USPS website my package is still in transit, but I got it one week ago. I found out when my package was arriving after I filled in my country, postal code and USPS tracking number at https://www.internationalparceltracking.com/#/search.

Hey, good one! Says it was delivered already a few days ago.

Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow...? :D

12 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

@Chewy Maybe they don't factor in the time difference? These time stamps may each time indicate local time...

But still, why would the package be sent back to the US after arriving in France?

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

But still, why would the package be sent back to the US after arriving in France?

Again, maybe because of the time difference.

It says processed in France at 1:46 pm. Maybe that was LA time. If that's the case, in reality it would have been 10:46 pm in France. Then it makes sense.

But that's just a theory. It could also be that they're just full of it! 😄 

28 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I think these tracking mix-ups are common during the Christmas rush. I seem to remember these reported by several members here in previous years.

Still no tracking info after 12th of December for my package.

Thanks! The condition is perfect. No scratches, no misprint, no weird track combinations. I had to pay 45€ custom fees though, which is absolutely fine. Now I know what to expect, when I transgress the 150€ mark.

6 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

I had to pay 45€ custom fees though, which is absolutely fine. Now I know what to expect, when I transgress the 150€ mark.

Seriously? Did you pay the mailman? Or did you have to go to the post office (is that open on Saturday in Germany?). 

You might actually be the first here that paid customs duty for the HP set! 

8 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Thanks! The condition is perfect. No scratches, no misprint, no weird track combinations.

But this certainly is good news!

I had it combined with Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Home Alone and Dennis the Menace. The package costed 216€ including shipping costs. I kinda wanted to provoke the custom service to see how that whole thing works and how much I have to pay. It was the mailman which I had to pay.

On 12/15/2018 at 10:49 AM, paleo said:

After a veeeery long time "awaiting shipment" status my set finally shipped. But to make it even more exciting, La-La Land changed the shipping address before shipping. Instead of Hesse, my federal state, they chose a random Hessian city in which I don't live. I hope customs and mail service can identify the true address. I'm slightly annoyed; I mean, why? We don't even usually put our federal state on there, but if I have to, I'd rather they stick to it.

Well, the package arrived (unexpectedly early; yay!). I immediately put CD 2 of PoA in, skipping to The Rescue of Sirius, and it is every bit as great as I expected. 🙂 Anyway, La-La Land sent out an additional package that I hadn't even asked for just in case (one cannot complain about their service), and now I don't know what to do with that one once it arrives. Question to the German forum members: Can I refuse acceptance when Deutsche Post has already advanced the money to customs?