Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

29 minutes ago, paleo said:

I immediately put CD 2 of PoA in, skipping to The Rescue of Sirius, and it is every bit as great as I expected. 🙂 

That plus, right now, I can't stop listening to "Discussing Black," "Time Past/Saving Buckbeak," and "Buckbeak Saves the Day"!

These are so awesome! 

3 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Buckbeak Saves the Day has these spine chilling glissando strings.

Indeed! This short passage proves, once again, the genius of JW! Like I said in the other thread...

Another PoA highlight: "Buckbeak Saves the Day"! 

Love JW's (over)dramatic fight music when Buckbeak kicks the werewolf's ass, and then the strings going  suddenly glissando as Buckbeak turns around, like, "Whatchoo looking at?" At 1:35

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Again, maybe because of the time difference.

It says processed in France at 1:46 pm. Maybe that was LA time. If that's the case, in reality it would have been 10:46 pm in France. Then it makes sense.

Bit harsh of them to send it back to LA just because of the time difference. 😛

17 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Normally, you MUST pay the custom fees. The service by the facility is already done. Whether you take the package or not doesn't matter.

So Deutsche Post can decide what I have to pay custom fees on? I doubt it. I will call them after Christmas; there must be a way how they can get their money back from customs. I could never show up at the post office to retrieve the package, after all; how would they get their money then?

3 minutes ago, paleo said:

So Deutsche Post can decide what I have to pay custom fees on? I doubt it. I will call them after Christmas; there must be a way how they can get their money back from customs. I could never show up at the post office to retrieve the package, after all; how would they get their money then?

I think you can refuse (they can't make you pay!),  but then of course, they won't give you your package!

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Nope :D I hope to get it on monday...

Oh yeah, Monday is Christmas Eve. It's really a business day, isn't it? Well at least until the early afternoon. 

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

I think you can refuse (they can't make you pay!),  but then of course, they won't give you your package!

Well, unless La-La Land wants to give the second set to me as a gift, why would I want to keept it?

5 minutes ago, paleo said:

I don't know how exactly that works, whether Deutsche Post pre-pays the custom services. But the custom service must get the money, because he already processed the package through its facility. So if you refuse to pay, you could be asked to pay even more processing fees for filtering the payment request down to you.

3 minutes ago, paleo said:

Well, unless La-La Land wants to give the second set to me as a gift, why would I want to keept it?

If they don't ask you to send it back, just sell it to another JWFan once it sold out. Not for a higher price, I mean, but in case someone in this community missed it out.

Today a letter arrived that the post could not process the customs, so they sent it to the customs office where I have it fetch it and pay customs for it. Will call there on Monday but fear that they will not be open because of Christmas 😭

23 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

XMAS IS SAVED!!!

B0866E56-B000-4AB3-91AF-333FBB83A7D9.jpeg

Kuvahaun tulos haulle gandalf partying

Lucky man Bilbo! :) 

19 minutes ago, crocodile said:

giphy (1).gif

Karol

Is this the live reaction from the postal worker delivering the box? ;) 

This also means that there might just be a chance that my package will arrive safe and sound and I'll be able to pick it up on the 31st of December.

3 hours ago, Josh500 said:

That plus, right now, I can't stop listening to "Discussing Black," "Time Past/Saving Buckbeak," and "Buckbeak Saves the Day"!

These are so awesome! 

Am I the only one who thinks that there should be alternate versions of these "time travel" tracks without the ticking clock effect? I know these are the film versions as intended but I would love to hear all the opening half suspense scoring of Time Past/Saving Buckbeak without it.

20 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Is this the live reaction from the postal worker delivering the box? ;) 

I feel for those guys actually. It must be a nightmare around this time of the year. As is almost anything related to customer service.

Karol

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

Am I the only one who thinks that there should be alternate versions of these "time travel" tracks without the ticking clock effect? I know these are the film versions as intended but I would love to hear all the opening half suspense scoring of Time Past/Saving Buckbeak without it.

Hmmm, I don't particularly mind the ticking. Usually I'm so focused on the music, I barely register it, kinda like you don't register the drums in the background while listening to a really good rock song! Besides, like you say, I think these time travel tracks were always meant to be played against the constant ticking. :)

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

Oh! And that would also mean, no customs?

Exactly!

Unless it means, I guess, it departed for the customs facility. Either way, your HP set is on the move! :D

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

giphy (1).gif

That looks more like Tom Cruise reacting in furious anger when he realised that no JW-scored film starring him saw a soundtrack expansion yet again... 😂 

Come on! Far and Away, Born on the Fourth of July, Minority Report, War of the Worlds! 

22 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

That looks more like Tom Cruise reacting in furious anger when he realised that no JW-scored film starring him saw a soundtrack expansion yet again... 😂 

Come on! Far and Away, Born on the Fourth of July, Minority Report, War of the Worlds! 

Now THAT would be a box set.

Karol

I think Spielberg should do another movie with Tom Cruise! Now that Katie Holmes is gone, I'm sure Cruise can control himself again...

Minority Report and War of the Worlds are two fantastic movies! And scores, of course. 

18 hours ago, FrankV said:

According to the USPS website my package is still in transit, but I got it one week ago. I found out when my package was arriving after I filled in my country, postal code and USPS tracking number at https://www.internationalparceltracking.com/#/search.

Yep, got it! Very happy now. Thanks again! :D

2 hours ago, Incanus said:

This also means that there might just be a chance that my package will arrive safe and sound and I'll be able to pick it up on the 31st of December.

I’d be very surprised if you weren’t able to get it by then.

my tracking still ends of December 12th 😂

Just now, Bilbo said:

I’d be very surprised if you weren’t able to get it by then.

my tracking still ends of December 12th 😂

It's not yours then. Please be an honest person and return it. ;)

Karol

43 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

So who among us that ordered on the very first day hasn't gotten the HP set so far? 

@Incanus

@Marian Schedenig

Who else? Even allowing for the Christmas rush, it should have arrived by now!

Tell me about it. Not the nicest Christmas present but hey at least there is something hopefully waiting for me once I get back home from holidays. :) 

15 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Tell me about it. Not the nicest Christmas present but hey at least there is something hopefully waiting for me once I get back home from holidays. :) 

If you're on holiday, maybe it's actually a good thing you don't have this set yet! Or else you'd just be listening to music instead of enjoying your holidays! Always look at the bright side! :D

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

So who among us that ordered on the very first day hasn't gotten the HP set so far? 

@Incanus

@Marian Schedenig

I ordered it on the first day and mine is still in LA. 

19 hours ago, Josh500 said:

@Incanus

@Marian Schedenig

Count me in. I ordered on the 27th November in the first hour and still lalaland didn't send me a parcel yet. Few days ago they put a sticker with address and nothing more. Mailman didn't received the package yet.

2 hours ago, staccato said:

Count me in. I ordered on the 27th November in the first hour and still lalaland didn't send me a parcel yet. Few days ago they put a sticker with address and nothing more. Mailman didn't received the package yet.

Well, I hope it's already in Europe anyway and on its way to Poland, even if your status hasn't been updated.

Indeed strange.

On 12/23/2018 at 1:26 AM, Brundlefly said:

Thank you guys! Both scores and movies are not appreciated enough!

Hmm, not appreciated enough by whom?

Both MR and WotW are two of Cruises top-grossing movies, I think, excluding the MI movies. 

Unless you mean the scores? But I think even the scores are rather highly regarded by JW fans these days! Two of the best (scored) scenes from each movie:

Minority Report has a killer score. The opening theme in 9/8 + 11/8 (I think) gives me chills every time.
I also love the (extended) greenhouse cue, with that ominous Potter-y harpsicord (again, I think).