Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

20 minutes ago, Demodex said:

I opened my set today. Very impressive. Then 5 minutes later I was carrying it to my computer when all the contents fell out of the box and various parts of the jewel cases broke. 

Oh fuck!

But why? Were the teeth broken? Or did you just drop the box set?

Fortunately there was just damaged jewel cases for COS and POA. I had extras to replace them. 

Unfortunately the black plastic part of TSS is pretty much destroyed so I had to put those 3 discs in separate jewel cases. 

Miraculously none of the discs themselves were damaged, and that's the important thing. 

It's like that YouTube video of the one guy dropping his brand-new iPhone which he just bought on release day... 😂 

Only this could have been much worse. But yeah, good thing the CDs are fine.

Does anyone know whether Music Box and Chris' Soundtrack Corner ship between the two holidays? Or are they taking a break until like the 7th? I can't find info on that on either site.

In general, you should capitalize the first word and last word, all nouns, all verbs (even short ones, like is), all adjectives, and all proper nouns. That means you should lowercase articles, conjunctions, and prepositions—however, some style guides say to capitalize conjunctions and prepositions that are longer than five letters.

So you would generally not capitalize "on" but you would capitalize "about" or "underneath" even though all three are prepositions. 

Of course, your grammar teacher isn't going to grade your iPod playlist unless you are sharing your library with her, but don't expect us to not criticize.

5 hours ago, Bilbo said:

I don’t actually do that. That’s just the way it was imported into iTunes. I’ll fix them later.

The only thing worse than having to wait for a new CD to be ripped is ripping it with all uppercase conjunctions.

I stopped caring about capital letters long ago. The only thing I absolutely HATE is track names like 'John Williams - The Land Race'. What the hel is the 'artist' part for?

PS: Got the set, will unpack tomorrow morning.

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

I stopped caring about capital letters long ago. The only thing I absolutely HATE is track names like 'John Williams - The Land Race'. What the hel is the 'artist' part for?

PS: Got the set, will unpack tomorrow morning.

What's worse is when it says under track, "The Jerry Goldsmith Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Poltergeist - The Neighborhood" or something like that.

I always delete everything except the title.

By the way, I rechecked my set for any damages. None, thank God. No broken teeth, no broken cases, no misaligned cover art, nothing. Not even scratches.

But I did notice what some of you guys were talking about regarding different, more fragile cases. These cases do seem a bit more plasticky and easily broken (or easily scratched) than the regular ones. Oh well. It's not like I'm going to take this out every day...

Oh, and one other thing. The CDs and the booklet are rather loose in my cardboard slipcase (is it just my set, or everybody's?). If you hold it the wrong way, everything will just slip out and crash on the floor. Guess that why it's called slipcase... 😂 Still, gotta be careful about that.

4 hours ago, Chewy said:

So, no HP for Christmas, but go some other gems to listen to:

image.png

So which one's the better score...?

Ah, there's a poll idea. :P

8 hours ago, Josh500 said:

By the way, I rechecked my set for any damages. None, thank God. No broken teeth, no broken cases, no misaligned cover art, nothing. Not even scratches.

But I did notice what some of you guys were talking about regarding different, more fragile cases. These cases do seem a bit more plasticky and easily broken (or easily scratched) than the regular ones. Oh well. It's not like I'm going to take this out every day...

Same - I started to get worried about breaking something just by opening them and taking CDs out; that's how fragile the cases felt. But like you, mine's physically in perfect condition.

In the end it's a very nice box to be put on the shelf and admired.

10 hours ago, Josh500 said:

What's worse is when it says under track, "The Jerry Goldsmith Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Poltergeist - The Neighborhood" or something like that.

I always delete everything except the title.

Or:

"The Land Race [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]"

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

Same - I started to get worried about breaking something just by opening them and taking CDs out; that's how fragile the cases felt. But like you, mine's physically in perfect condition.

In the end it's a very nice box to be put on the shelf and admired.

Mine was perfectly packed and there wasn’t a blemish on the set but I agree. The cases feel noticeably cheaper than previous sets I’ve received. It’s ripped though and once I’ve read through the booklets it’ll go on the shelf and be admired from there.

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

Finally!!!

Screenshot_20181226-132631_Chrome.jpg

"Delivered."

The sound of that word is music to our ears, pun intended. :D

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

Or:

"The Land Race [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]"

Exactly! 

Like they think we don't know that it's an OST album and they're asking, "Really? You sure you wanna listen to THAT?"

4 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Mine was perfectly packed and there wasn’t a blemish on the set but I agree. The cases feel noticeably cheaper than previous sets I’ve received. It’s ripped though and once I’ve read through the booklets it’ll go on the shelf and be admired from there.

My cases don't feel cheaper at all...

14 hours ago, King Mark said:

still no reply from LLL about my badly scratched Disk 7

Still no reply from LLL to either of my two polite messages from 7 and 9 days ago inquiring why my order STILL hasn’t shipped. ☹️☹️ 

I hope you get word from them soon. But I seriously want to know what the hell is going on there in Burbank. Are they even seeing these messages from us? I get it about being swamped with orders, but they gotta know they’re dealing with really passionate fans here. It’s not fair to leave us twisting in the wind like this if they have seen these messages. How hard is it to write one line saying “we’ll send you a replacement disc in a couple weeks” or “your order hasn’t shipped because of XYZ”?? The lack of response makes me fear that they aren’t seeing these messages and as far as they’re concerned I already got my HP set. LLL, if you’re reading this, just please finally tell me why my order is still awaiting shipment. I don’t care if I have to wait if there’s a good reason—but tell me what that reason is.

You already posted here that you ordered it in the same order as Die Another Day:

On 12/14/2018 at 11:39 PM, Iron_Giant said:

Did anyone else order HP, SL, TWINE, and Die Another Day in the same order? And if so, have you received it yet, or received any notification it has shipped? Because I’m really curious about what would be keeping my order from shippjng by now and would at least take comfort in not being the only one “awaiting shipment.”

And I already told you here that if you ordered it along with a title that is not in stock, then the whole order wouldn't ship until that title has come in:

On 12/19/2018 at 9:53 AM, Jay said:

if you ordered it in the same order as anything else that may be currently awaiting stock.

If you try using the "contact us" page on their website again, you'll probably get a response within a reasonable amount of time.

You liked that post of mine, so surely you understand why your order is delayed?

A quick check of the LLL website tells me Die Another Stay is still awaiting restock.

https://lalalandrecords.com/die-another-day-limited-edition-2-cd-set/

If you asked, they could delete Die Another Day from your order and ship the rest.  Did you do that?

They are, of course, closed now for business until January 2.

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

You already posted here that you ordered it in the same order as Die Another Day:

And I already told you here that if you ordered it along with a title that is not in stock, then the whole order wouldn't ship until that title has come in:

You liked that post of mine, so surely you understand why your order is delayed?

A quick check of the LLL website tells me Die Another Stay is still awaiting restock.

https://lalalandrecords.com/die-another-day-limited-edition-2-cd-set/

If you asked, they could delete Die Another Day from your order and ship the rest.  Did you do that?

They are, of course, closed now for business until January 2.

I did ask them that, in my second message to them! I thought it might have something to do with DAD. But with no reply, I have no way of knowing if that was the problem or if it was something else. Either way, a quick reply from them would just reassure me that they saw my message and that the OOS DAD was just a coincidence to my entire order being somehow totally overlooked. 

And, yeah, now that they’re closed for the break, I guess I shouldn’t expect to hear from them for at least a week. I’ll just be patient.

It's not a coincidence; That's why your order hasn't shipped.  That's a bummer they didn't reply to your message, but I am sure they are inundated with messages at the moment.  They will probably start going through them when they return to work on Jan 2, I'd reckon

2 hours ago, Incanus said:

Wow. My copy is finally showing in Finnish postal system's tracking. It is "being sorted". Perhaps I'll be able to pick it up next week before new year. 😊

Good, you can start working on a follow up to your Philosopher’s Stone analysis!