Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

5 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Well, not unless the Fat Lady was trapped in your boxset.... ;)

Who could hate Dawn French THAT much!

Having not ordered directly from LLL but through MusicBox, could there be any possible hiccups is the replacement process if in a nightmarish scenario my set arrives damaged or with bad discs?

1 hour ago, Holko said:

Having not ordered directly from LLL but through MusicBox, could there be any possible hiccups is the replacement process if in a nightmarish scenario my set arrives damaged or with bad discs?

No, but you will have to contact MusicBox rather then LLL.

My box has a tiny manufacturing error on the silver lettering. In certain light it looks like a scratch. But it's not really and you won't notice it while looking at it casually. So I'm going to leave it as is. No point of being too dramatic over something this minor. :)

Karol

5 hours ago, Incanus said:

I doubt LLL would send me another copy if I e-mailed them. While the music is the main thing I hate it when such a deluxe item is damaged.

They'll probably replace your case without any fuzz. A friend of mine is getting a replacement because his spine print on the box is very off centre. Apparently they're all a bit different, and usually not quite centred (mine's off a wee bit, but not so much that it bothers me), and his copy more so than most.

With all the scratched discs, damaged boxes and whatnot, I deem it a miracle I got a pristine box, and a flawless TWINE.

So, next time, you too should beg LLL to please please please please please package well ;)

24 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

With all the scratched discs, damaged boxes and whatnot, I deem it a miracle I got a pristine box, and a flawless TWINE.

So, next time, you too should beg LLL to please please please please please package well ;)

The packaging itself was very good and most likely the damage to my box was done already before it was delivered to LLL from the manufacturing plant. But hopefully if they send a replacement it comes in as sturdy package as this original one.

The jewel cases were in good condition. No missing teeth or cracked cases which further testifies how well the whole thing was packaged for shipping.

40 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

Well out of most reports here, only a small number have had notable damage or issues.

And people are only really raising them in this case because it's a premium collector's item and there's a reasonable expectation to it to be in 'new' condition. Mikko's is definitely not :o

If this were just another LE by any other composer I suspect a lot of scratched CDs would've gone unnoticed or unreported.

I have nothing else to say like "So close, so far away". The package came very fast from my country capitol city Warsaw to my town Wrocław. The mailman today came to my flat and leave letters and postcards (most of them from Christmas) but no my lalaland package. He leave only a paper note which I must take with me and I have to go to the post office alone to collect my package. I'm working so in home I was about 3 pm. So I took papers and run to the post office. And here came the New Years Eve. The postal office today changed opening hours. They closed at 2pm. Damn I was so furious when I came to the place. Once again postal office destroyed my plans. Tomorrow they're closed. So I stuck with waiting till second (2) January when I will come back from work finally I will be able to take what's mine.

18 hours ago, Faleel J.M. said:

I spy an italian plumber in this photo.

Yep, the 8-bit Mario amiibo and Link right next to it.

9 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Well out of most reports here, only a small number have had notable damage or issues.

And people are only really raising them in this case because it's a premium collector's item and there's a reasonable expectation to it to be in 'new' condition. Mikko's is definitely not :o

If this were just another LE by any other composer I suspect a lot of scratched CDs would've gone unnoticed or unreported.

New and sealed products should never be damaged, no matter how premium.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:22 PM, Holko said:

You should have ordered from LLL! If there are any problems, you contact MusicBox and MusicBox contacts LLL. It's a major hassle.

9 hours ago, Chewy said:

Perfect condition!

image.png

I see a major flaw there.

They forgot to include the slipcase... :P

8 hours ago, gkgyver said:

New and sealed products should never be damaged, no matter how premium.

Not "no matter"... You mean "especially if premium"!

10 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

My cases of Schindler and Ryan came with ugly white stain made to the plastic by some kind of glue or thermal machine (the wrapping machine?). But it can be replaced easyly.

WTH.

Is it my imagination, or is this HP boxset plagued by the most "problems" of any CD releases thus far...? So far we had:

CDs that are scratched

CDs that won't play right 

misaligned artwork

Broken teeth

Small holes in the CDs

Damaged slipcase 

Damaged cases 

What else?

17 hours ago, Amer said:

Guys, Iam happy to announce that my LLL orders along with other goodies have just arrived from US. Thanks to my lovely aunt for bringing the stuff from New York. What a way to celebrate A HAPPY NEW YEAR. 

Wow, didn't know you are located in Pakistan!

So LLL didn't send it directly to you, but your aunt brought it along on the plane? 

Anyone else still waiting for their set? I ordered immediately and got a shipping notice on the 7th but according to the tracking page it’s still in LA.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Who said:

Anyone else still waiting for their set? I ordered immediately and got a shipping notice on the 7th but according to the tracking page it’s still in LA.

Where are you located?

5 minutes ago, Mr. Who said:

did you order anything else with it?

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

did you order anything else with it?

No only HP

5 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Where are you located?

Scandinavia

2 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

WTH. It should be here by now! I would inquire at your local postal service.... 

You're probably the absolute last one to go this...

Yes! I ordered within the first minute lol so I thought I’d have it by Christmas at least!

I’ll contact the post office although it’s basically located in a supermarket.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Who said:

Yes! I ordered within the first minute lol so I thought I’d have it by Christmas at least!

I’ll contact the post office although it’s basically located in a supermarket.

Are you in Finland too? 

1 hour ago, Smaug the iron said:

I am from Sweden too. And the tracking says it is still in LA, but I got a text from postnord saying it is in Sweden. So I think yours is on the way. 

So one thing we know about Sweden now. Your postal service sucks! 

You got hot girls, though! :D 

8 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

1420A789-76C5-4A26-9735-BCB68B482C8B.jpeg

The cover art on the HP set is perfectly aligned! Good for you!

6 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

They’re finally here! 

1420A789-76C5-4A26-9735-BCB68B482C8B.jpeg

Nice! Did you enhance the picture in some way? Your outer boox looks glossy, while everyone else's look like a dull matte with inlaid text and border. Or is the shrinkwrap making that much of a difference?

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

Nice! Did you enhance the picture in some way? Your outer boox looks glossy, while everyone else's look like a dull matte with inlaid text and border. Or is the shrinkwrap making that much of a difference?

It's the shrink-wrap! 

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

They're still in the shrinkwrap :)

6 hours ago, Smaug the iron said:

I am from Sweden too. And the tracking says it is still in LA, but I got a text from postnord saying it is in Sweden. So I think yours is on the way. 

That's good to hear, hope I get a notice soon! Postnord doing great as usual...

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

So one thing we know about Sweden now. Your postal service sucks! 

You got hot girls, though! :D 

The cover art on the HP set is perfectly aligned! Good for you!

Lol yes, our postal service isn't known to be very reliable:) and yes haha