Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

7 hours ago, Holko said:

I have deleted my Potter edits from every device, no getting them back. Complete Potter abstinence until January except for overplaying the samples, of course.

Me too, did it last night.

Two Towers EE Appendices from 2003, talking about the London Oratory Boys Choir: They sung in a lot of scores, they sung for Harry Potter the week before. Huh? Two Towers was recorded in late 2002, where's the boy's choir in Chamber of Secrets? I can only think of the Hogwarts reveal in Flying Car but isn't that female choir like in the first one?

For all of you guys concerned about the reliability of the postal service (also you, @King Mark with your broken doorknob), one solution would be to rent a PO Box. 

That way, when it arrives, you just pick it up at the post office yourself at your leisure... 

Can always go through UPS and FedEx I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

(also you, @King Mark with your broken doorknob)

My condolences Mark, but I laughed a little at this.

Oh the post that actually delivers to my house is great! It's how long it'll sit in Budapest, what they'll do to it and how much I'll have to pay for it that's the problem.

Oh I'll redo the tracked cues from flac rips of these and share them for sure if anyone wants them.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I would say everything was considered, but as you can see, there wouldn't have been room for it!  If we expanded COS To a 3disc set, it would have increased the price.  Increasing the price just for film edits of HP1 music used in HP2 would be pretty silly IMO.

Yeah. There’s no real need for it imo. What we’re getting looks perfect! 

@Jay, when you wrote the Azkaban set has every second of score that's in the movie, did you phrase it that way to exclude Hot Licourice only, or some source bits like the shawm, too?

We actually believed Parselmouth and Dormitory to have been tracked so far! Entering the Chamber is marked as tracked in the cue list:

http://www.jwfan.com/?p=3578

3 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I'm still very pleasantly surprised that WB didn't mess with this presentation to make the 'song crowd' happy.

Does WB have a history of messing up these releases? 

I mean, A.I. is perfect, Empire of the Sun is perfect, and now this! 

2 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Does WB have a history of messing up these releases? 

I mean, A.I. is perfect, Empire of the Sun is perfect, and now this! 

No, but I thought as it was Potter they'd want this to be a set ordinary idiots appreciate. But as aforementioned idiots are still blisfully unaware of this set, they probably understood only we would care.

Entering the Chamber is audibly new with a swirling string line and woodwinds, at least until the point where it goes big.

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

I chose my words very carefully.

I know, that's why I asked! I guess I'll have to wait.

I put in a question to our local subreddit asking about experiences with customs this time of year, I'll decide until Tuesday whether to go for it.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

I know the book says that cue was tracked, but it wasn't! 

Which book would that be?

4 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

No, but I thought as it was Potter they'd want this to be a set ordinary idiots appreciate.

As opposed to us special idiots?

;)

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

Maybe the only input from WB regarding this release was, "We're gonna call it Sorcerer's Stone, and that's final! Either you accept this, or we can scrap this whole project! What's it gonna be?"

😂

Honestly, movie studios sound weird enough for this to actually have happened 😂

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

As opposed to us special idiots?

;)

Yeah, idiots is a bit harsh.

They're just not diehard John Williams or film score fans. Doesn't mean they don't appreciate good music, however, or that they're idiots! 

Well, reddit says I should ask LLL to ship it with anyone but USPS because our local mail/customs steal like hell. How much coercing would it take for LLL to send mine with UPS or FedEx?

Okay, so if I order this from the UK, it’ll cost about £100 including postage. What is the likelyhood that it arrives in one piece/doesn’t get caught up in customs? Do I take the plunge and do it? I’m pretty desperate for this set!

@Jay, do you have any idea whether 6m5 Pt. II (presumably an early, rejected version of First Frozen Lake) was recorded -- and, if so, whether it's on this release?

I absolutely adore the mock-up I have of 6m5 Pt. II. 

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

Not really. It's for 7 CDs, and 3 of the best JW scores! 

It's the holy grail of any serious John Williams fan! 

Its still too high.  100 bucks is offensive. Its even more reprehensible that I will pay it. This is a very expensive Christmas.

so did William Ross actually compose anything for CoS?

Can we officially lay to rest that the press conference of Williams writing 40 minutes of new music was bullshit?

4 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Its still too high.  100 bucks is offensive. Its even more reprehensible that I will pay it. This is a very expensive Christmas.

it cost me that just to get Dracula and Cowboys here

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I've gone ahead and added the "castle" HP1 art by Jim Titus to the main post if you prefer that over the "Harry and Hagrid" art for your digital layer of choice

Nice!  Too bad I can’t decide. 😂

19 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Too bad its way overpriced.

No way, I would have paid this for Azkaban alone!

26 minutes ago, Will said:

@Jay, do you have any idea whether 6m5 Pt. II (presumably an early, rejected version of First Frozen Lake) was recorded -- and, if so, whether it's on this release?

I absolutely adore the mock-up I have of 6m5 Pt. II. 

I suggest you play mini-game The Quest of Sir Cadogan on the DVD to find a partial answer.

12 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Well, I guess that's all subjective. For me, it's a bargain.

Especially considering that I once paid 100 bucks for ONE John Williams CD (the LLL edition of The Poseidon Adventure, once if was OOP)!

5 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

That just means you overpaid, not that this is a bargain.

Again, that's what you'd think.

For me, it's a bargain. It's all subjective.