Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

Just now, crocodile said:

It's Christmas when I say it's Christmas. That's is one of the perks of being an adult. ;)

Karol

One of the cons of being an adult living with their parents is that the parents still decide when Christmas is.

Just now, crocodile said:

It's Christmas when I say it's Christmas. That's is one of the perks of being an adult. ;)

Karol

I agree that why mine goes under the tree until the 25th.

Just now, JoeinAR said:

I agree that why mine goes under the tree until the 25th.

I'm glad somebody else is in the same boat as me. We're going to have a lot to talk about in 12 days. :)

33 minutes ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

I'm glad somebody else is in the same boat as me. We're going to have a lot to talk about in 12 days. :)

Pineapple Im very patient. Basically anything I purchase entertainment wise or is purchased for me after Labor Day goes under the tree. My mom insisted on that for me and my sister 40 + years ago. I believe in following family traditions. I have done it long after I have been on my own. Hell half the stuff I have forgetten about. 

55 minutes ago, Docteur Qui said:

Shipped! Lesson learned - even one hour is too long to wait to order these things.

I'll be very lucky to see this before Christmas if @crumbs experience is anything to go by, I recall the JP set took around 10 days to ship to Melbourne 😞

Yeah sorry mate, I don't like your chances at all, only 6 business days left. Mine shipped last Friday and was at the airport Saturday (Friday LA time) and it's still just sitting around at Melbourne airport apparently. 

You wouldn't think it takes more than 3 days to get a package from the airport to metro Melbourne but that's our first class postal service for you! 

Definitely feel for all the people whose copies only just shipped. I remember waiting about 7 days for my JP set to ship and that felt like an eternity! Hopefully yours will be on a plane to Melbourne this weekend, which means you might scrape in for delivery by next Friday/Christmas Eve. 

Tracking is unreliable. Sometimes an item doesn't show up at all depending where it was shipped

when i order c.d.'s they're usually  updated until it crosses the border but I don't get a "out for delivery" notice. it's like the postal employes are too lazy to scan the item at each step

26 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Yeah sorry mate, I don't like your chances at all, only 6 business days left. Mine shipped last Friday and was at the airport Saturday (Friday LA time) and it's still just sitting around at Melbourne airport apparently. 

You wouldn't think it takes more than 3 days to get a package from the airport to metro Melbourne but that's our first class postal service for you! 

I'd go pick it up in person if they let us, even if it means going bankrupt paying for parking at that hideous airport!

Sometimes I use the tracking system of the sender country to check tracking if it's not registered in my country

I don't stress to much about c.d.'s  . But I also order dried butterfly specimen for collection purpose from remote countries all over the world. That's a lot more stressful as it's extremely fragile and can be opened and damaged by customs officials. And I'm more concerned about something like Peruvian post than USPS losing a parcel

Still, I never , ever lost a single parcel in my lifetime

The only time I've ever paid customs is for movie figurines because they are considered somekind of "statue art" and they hit me hard.

37 minutes ago, King Mark said:

I also order dried butterfly specimen for collection purpose from remote countries all over the world. 

Does anyone else have a weirder collecting hobby, or do we have our winner? 

3 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Now that is impressive!

2 minutes ago, King Mark said:

there's several more walls of it...

...Most Impressive. 

The question is

What would I have picked .A perfect specimen of Charaxes fournierae or the LLL Potter Set!

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Well wait, how many did you capture and preserve yourself?  It's not that impressive just to spend a lot of money ordering exotic things.

I have captured 0 myself but set them all myself

Just years of buying from dealers and  ebay ffrom all over the world and trying to select A1 (perfect) specimens

But it's quite difficult to set them and takes years of practice not to damage them .They come with wings folded in a paper envelope. You have to re-humidfy them and prepare them on a setting board

you prepare and set them like this (pins with a transparent plastic sheet ) just touching the wings can break them or rub off the scales. after a few days when it's dry again you can remove it

egesta (Medium).JPG

11 minutes ago, Wojism said:

Oh, so if I snag a big moth in my car's radiator some night, you don't want it. 

no moths in there .Only day flying butterflies

1 hour ago, King Mark said:

like this .it my main hobby besides JW and videogames

HPIM3092 (Large).JPG

Whoa. My most impressive collection of anything is like 50 lbs of bottle caps.

Wow mine is in LR and it should be delivered tomorrow even though the tracking said Saturday. It is literally 10 minutes away from my house.

I’m now convinced my order hasn’t shipped because Die Another Day is holding it up. Maybe they ran out of copies before they got to my order and are waiting for more from the plant. It’s the only reason I can think of. 

3 hours ago, Arpy said:

I've lost all hope this will arrive before Christmas. The tracking is useless!

It should process very quickly within 24 hours. Mine went from shipping label created in Burbank to arriving at LA within 15 hours (and probably flying out soon later).

The real headache begins once it reaches Australia and just sits around a customs office for a week gathering dust.