Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

Wouldn't it have been funny if MM actually made a mistake on the concert program, realized what he had done and how JW Fan was in joyous anticipation and would be rioting should anything contrary occur, whipped up these sets in the past month and released them like it was the plan all along.

3 minutes ago, Iron_Giant said:

I wonder if JW's people have told him yet how well this announcement is going over (at least in this corner of the web).

Indeed. It's not easy for JW to get this kind of reaction on HowardShoreFan.com

22 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

I feel like my excitement is increased. I've never enjoyed a Black Friday release with JW Fan thus far, and it is an exciting time. Gosh you guys are great, and MM is great, and LLL is great, and we are all here because John Williams is he greatest.

Wow, that's hard to believe you joined just this year. Feels like you've been a part of the forums for a lot longer than that. 

2 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Wow, that's hard to believe you joined just this year. Feels like you've been a part of the forums for a lot longer than that. 

Haha, thanks. I believe it was beginning of January, after The Last Jedi, that I joined. Looking for the best Star Wars release you can buy, wound up loving the forums and visit next to everyday. It's never been this busy while I've been around. It's a welcome joy!

I'll edit the POA podcast unreleased music until I get this set!

The one cue i'm really curious about is when Harry summons the dementor in the chest in POA. I'm not sure what it music and what is sound effects in the DVD rips

I've kept my edit of Rescuing Sirius because it's such a damn awesome cue. I did a quick and dirty fix for the ending using the OST.

Plan B (had this not been released) would've been to find a copy of the film version of Mischief Managed and fix the ending properly.

And I have to mention my one negative comment on this set: I think the cover for PS looks a bit pants :| I'll probably stick with the OST covers for all 3.

31 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

The price.

Don't worry about them, they're far too busy reading the 132457th interview with Eddie Redmayne and Ezra Miller's 42147453th quote about Beasts 2. And don't forget Rowling's 42164th spoiler about 3-5.

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

I didn't know this! According to Wikipedia:

It really is pretty nutty that they filmed different line readings. I have a copy of the UK DVD, hilarious to see the slight performance differences in those takes knowing that movie so well. And made me notice that for the most part they just call it "the stone" :lol: but I think there are about 5 times they say Philosopher's/Sorcerer's.

Would be funny to peek into an alternate universe where Harry Potter didn't take off with US kids all because we had no interest in philosophers.

I found the exact quote from MV for those wondering about it

Been wanting to ask this for a while... on the DAY of the announcement, will the online retailers - moviemusic, SAE, etc. - already have them in stock and ready to accept orders, or will it be a week or two before they get them? 
Thanks! :)

No, I doubt we will have any in stock ready to ship. Also, I will not be offering them to anyone outside our website until we know how many we need for our direct customers. 

So if you want any of these titles before the holidays your best and only bet is to order them directly through us. We will only have so many in stock and will not be able to get more in stock until the new year.

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=20&threadID=118900&archive=0

Good question.

I'd guess the JP box, Indy box, and maybe the dual announcements of CE3K and ET grew as fast

14 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I reckon JP might've topped this. Potter was widely expected - JP was a total surprise.

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

I didn't even know JP was coming!  Mike never told me.  It was a total surprise, and that year I didn't wake up at 3am to find out what the titles were, so I didn't found out until like 6 hours after everyone else.  And boy was I surprised and elated.  Still one of my most listened to expansions EVER

Yeah... both the 2013 and 2016 releases got us all by surprise. JP is definitely full of surprises. In 2013 I was like "oooh" because it simply came out of nowhere. Just like that, it was ready for download and in 2016 I was "wooow" because the 2013 release was just there, practically newly released, still around.

I saw a few clues in the last couple of weeks that suggested to me that Jay knew it was coming...

The fact that he said 'well played' to MM about the programme 'announcement' (surely you'd have kept quiet if it was wrong information) and that he liked a post suggesting that LLL weren't giving clues/quantities because the big title had pretty much been guessed.

I could've misread that completely, but when I saw those two reactions, it didn't feel like the actions of someone who knew we were hyped over nothing :P

It's a 'year for the books' in every sense.

Pretty impressive year for JW without Potter, but this makes it quite remarkable. If SW/Indy are truly out of speciality hands, I wonder if LLL will be looking at other composers for their next mega-huge title.

Plus, assuming this flies off the shelves and is well received, this is now two big-franchise releases from major studios. That's got to lead to some seriously cool stuff.

19 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I reckon JP might've topped this. Potter was widely expected - JP was a total surprise.

Harry Potter was not a surprise at all. I didn't even have the slightest "Oh my God"-feeling, when LLL announced it on Facebook. It was 99% sure that it would be a box set including all three scores that would get announced on Black Friday by LLL.

Jurassic Park, however, came, when there was not the slightest spark of hope of getting the complete score of not only Jurassic Park, but also The Lost World. The year 2016 was very silent overall - no expansions or reissues at all - and then it ended with a nuclear bomb!!!