Harry Potter and the PHILOSOPHER'S STONE - OFFICIAL alternate covers courtesy Jim Titus

Jay

Pity there isn’t an insert included in the set itself but is great that they took the time to do these digitally, this is definitely the version I’ll be using on my iPod 

This set will go down in history as perhaps the one with the absolute highest level of attention to detail - there's nothing wrong to be found! Absolutely nothing! Even this is fixed!

Gorgeous artwork. I prefer the first one with the castle and the boats... So atmospheric, mysterious, and thrilling! Plus, that reminds me of one of the absolute best cues from HP & PS!

"Arrival at Hogwarts": 

Just now, Holko said:

It's been called the Philosopher's Stone since alchemy exists, no?

Thats the thing, it’s a “real” world object 😂

Just now, Josh500 said:

Gorgeous artwork. I prefer the first one... So atmospheric, mysterious, and thrilling! Plus, that reminds me of one of the best cues from HP & PS!

Arrival at Hogwarts: 

Also my reason for using the castle image! 

1 minute ago, Bilbo said:

it’s a “real” world object 😂

Yes, that's the main point why we consider it actual stupidity instead of general weirdness I think.

@Jay Just wondering, is there a reason why PS has multiple cover art designs but COS and POA do not (and essentially reuse the existing OST cover art)?

Would be very cool to see some alternative/draft artwork for Azkaban, if Jim Titus ever considered them. 

On a slightly unrelated note, I finally got around to reading through the booklet for Dracula. Jim absolutely knocked that booklet out of the park, just superb art direction all round. If Potter matches that, it will be glorious indeed. 

23 minutes ago, crocodile said:

You poor poor poor child. :(

Karol

Screw you!

19 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

JK Rowling never wrote a book called Sorceror’s Stone!

True.  It’s called Sorcerer’s Stone.

3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

@Jay Just wondering, is there a reason why PS has multiple cover art designs but COS and POA do not (and essentially reuse the existing OST cover art)?

Would be very cool to see some alternative/draft artwork for Azkaban, if Jim Titus ever considered them. 

On a slightly unrelated note, I finally got around to reading through the booklet for Dracula. Jim absolutely knocked that booklet out of the park, just superb art direction all round. If Potter matches that, it will be glorious indeed. 

HP2 isn't the OST cover. It's the DVD cover. The DVD was a blackish cover with the main characters (there were also alternative covers with the characters alone). The HP2 LLL cover is the DVD cover. HP3 is the OST image.

8 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Look more carefully at the splash art promotional image

On 11/23/2018 at 3:34 AM, Jay said:

The castle image is the cover art for the clamshell case that holds the HP1 set inside the main set, while the Hagrid/Harry picture is the cover of the booklet inside said clamshell case.

29 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I fell in love with "Der Herr der Ringe" 25 years ago, and yet when I read it nowadays, I read "The Lord of the Rings", and I refuse to watch the films in German.

Yes but this is purely cosmetic.  I’ve read both the American and British printings of this book, it makes no difference to the plot, characters, or impact of the novel.  So since it ultimately doesn’t matter at all, I feel fine preferring the title of the book I read when I was 12.

I’ll always have a soft spot for Sorcerer’s but Philosopher’s obviously wins any non-nostalgic arguments. I just call it HP1 online to avoid the distinction, but I find it hilarious that WB is still all Sorcerer’s or bust. 

This is gonna drag on pointlessly for generations! It’s imperial v metric all over again!