When do YOU think the full Indiana Jones soundtracks will get released?

templeofwhat

Since the full Harry Potter 1-3 soundtracks are getting released soon, I was wondering what you guys are thinking when the IJ full soundtracks are gonna get announced?

I believe it's gonna happen sometime in late January 2019.

10 minutes ago, templeofwhat said:

Since the full Harry Potter 1-3 soundtracks are getting released soon, I was wondering what you guys are thinking when the IJ full soundtracks are gonna get announced?

I believe it's gonna happen sometime in late January 2019.

I just want to point out that the HP scores and the IJ scores are owned by different companies, so the release of the former does not in any way imply the release of the latter.

4 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Maybe when/if Indy 5 gets made. Disney will want to tie a release into something.

If Indy 5 doesn't, who knows.

The box with all five expanded/complete scores will surely be released a while after the OST of Indy 5. Gotta maximize the earnings!

I don't think it's going to happen too soon.

I heard that Matessino had unearthed a box with the complete scores in them in preparation for next year. What happened when he opened it?

Image result for raiders of the lost ark gif

LLL will not be risking this one. ;)

The Black Friday "what do you believe in?" thread title amuses me and I'd like all of these speculative threads to use it.

Indiana Jones Expansions: What Do You Believe In?

Star Wars Prequel Expansions: What Do You Believe In?

Santa Claus: What Do You Believe In?

I can’t see it happening any time soon. 

I’m kinda ok with what we have for now anyway. 

Are many of the highlights unreleased at this point? 

Just now, Bilbo said:

It's not that there's anything interesting missing, it's that we don't have them COMPLETE.

We need that magical word!

COMPLETE

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

The Black Friday "what do you believe in?" thread title amuses me and I'd like all of these speculative threads to use it.

Indiana Jones Expansions: What Do You Believe In?

Star Wars Prequel Expansions: What Do You Believe In?

Santa Claus: What Do You Believe In?

I hear Donavan's line from Last Crusade everytime I see it.

1 minute ago, Bilbo said:

I've listed them as one of my remaining Holy Grails in another thread but actually, it's more about having them presented in a more consistent way than anything else. I have to mix and match different releases for Raiders, for example. I can't stand the edit in Desert Chase from the Concord set.

Didn't I read somewhere that the next Indy will be a girl? So, they should release the all "Indy boy" assets as soon as possible (C&C music on a bog box like HP, 4K films restorations) to give us enough time to get used to a "Indiana Johansson".

OR... we'll really have to wait for Raiders to turn 40.

TOD has quite a few alternates I think, with a mixture released (probably by accident) and unreleased. Between the OST, Concord, Lego music and isolated score, we have a fair bit of music though!

I'd guess this is still a few years off, probably pencilled in for Raiders' 40th or Indy 5 (when we can go through this whole process again!) That makes May 2021 the ideal year to release it, in line with both events. 

In all likelihood JW's camp would instigate this with Disney Records and request Matessino's involvement, rather than the other way around (Disney Records complicates things -- it would suck if they autonomously went off and produced this internally without consulting the right people, aka MM). The fact that he's now Spielberg & Williams' go-to producer for expansions definitely helps. Other than Hook, has any other producer touched one of their scores since 1941?

8 hours ago, crumbs said:

Other than Hook, has any other producer touched one of their scores since 1941?

Hook is gonna be redone anyway.

8 hours ago, crumbs said:

In all likelihood JW's camp would instigate this with Disney Records and request Matessino's involvement, rather than the other way around (Disney Records complicates things -- it would suck if they autonomously went off and produced this internally without consulting the right people, aka MM).

The imagination of yet another ragged Indiana Jones box by Disney is the horror, but neither is it probable. MM already indicated that IF someone does IJ and SW, it would be him.

9 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Hook is gonna be redone anyway.

No doubt fixing the previous Hook expansion is high on MM's list, which grows thinner at an increasing pace. In recent years we'd be celebrating 2-3 new expansions; this year MM has personally overseen no less than EIGHT Williams expansions (Superman was sadly delayed but I'm guessing his involvement in the release is basically finished; it's likely held up at the approval stage).

This is also the third successive year of getting two Spielberg/Williams collaborations expanded; with Sugarland currently off the table, 4 Indy scores held up at Disney Records and anything post-WOTW cost-restrictive, that really only leaves a handful of scores available for expansion next year.

One thing's for sure though: we truly are spoiled when it comes to Williams expansions these days! Thank you, MM.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

No doubt fixing the previous Hook expansion is high on MM's list, which grows thinner at an increasing pace. In recent years we'd be celebrating 2-3 new expansions; this year MM has personally overseen no less than EIGHT Williams expansions (Superman was sadly delayed but I'm guessing his involvement in the release is basically finished; it's likely held up at the approval stage).

This is also the third successive year of getting two Spielberg/Williams collaborations expanded; with Sugarland currently off the table, 4 Indy scores held up at Disney Records and anything post-WOTW cost-restrictive, that really only leaves a handful of scores available for expansion next year.

One thing's for sure though: we truly are spoiled when it comes to Williams expansions these days! Thank you, MM.

Between 1975 and 2005 (which is surely the focus of the special labels and Williams' most popular phase) there are not that much non-IJ and non-SW scores left:

1970s:

-

1980s:

Monsignor

The River

SpaceCamp

The Witches of Eastwick

The Accidental Tourist

Always

Born on the Fourth of July

1990s:

Presumed Innocent

Hook

JFK

Far and Away

Nixon

Sabrina

Sleepers

Amistad

Seven Years in Tibet

Stepmom

Angela's Ashes

2000s:

The Patriot

Catch Me If You Can

Minority Report

The Terminal

Memoirs of a Geisha

Munich

War of the Worlds

That's 25 scores in total. This year we got (basically) 8 expansions. So you can calculate that in 5 years not much will be left to be desired.

Last Crusade leaked decades ago in a God awful sounding bootleg. Sadly, the remaining unreleased tracks are massive highlights. Laurent could have got more. And he didn't!

25 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

Last Crusade leaked decades ago in a God awful sounding bootleg. Sadly, the remaining unreleased tracks are massive highlights. Laurent could have got more. And he didn't!

It was all Williams' fault! He was jealous, he was holding him back! 

5 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

This car. The intern at Concord Records would have bought it. It would have gotten me two more tracks. At least one. One more track. That track is unreleased...

There will be generations of Indy soundtrack releases because of what you did.