Michael Kamen's DIE HARD - 30th Anniversary 3CD Edition from La-La Land Records

crocodile

No.

James Horner music (tracked in from ALIENS) plays when Powell shoots Karl, not when Hans dies.

Hans' death is scored by music Kamen wrote for Die Hard, just music he wrote for other scenes that the music editors then relocated

The actual cue he wrote for Hans' death is showcased in the embedded video in the middle of page 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Otisberg's vimeo channel is amazing for replacement score material, including the arguably more frightenining and simply chilly Hans death rescored but check out this from Goldsmith and how it changes the well-known final scene drastically:

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, crocodile said:

Not a score for everyone

I sold off my first edition LLL, because it wasn’t for me.  But then I hear how this presentation makes a huge difference.  Can anyone make the case that I should give it another chance?

Just now, Andy said:

I sold off my first edition LLL, because it wasn’t for me.  But then I hear how this presentation makes a huge difference.  Can anyone make the case that I should give it another chance?

The presentation is not that dissimilar to the older one. The major difference us sound upgrade. If you didn't enjoy the music, I don't think this one will change your mind, to be quite honest. 

Karol

• 4 weeks later...

Well what the heck, I picked this up and it turns out the sonics do indeed make this more enjoyable!  There’s just so much at this buffet. Does anyone have a playlist for a shorter listening program?

Mink's previous post with Gruber's death is so fascinating. I, in my earlier alter ego as thestat, suggested that Kamen's original was somehow more intriguing. Not sure about that - the re=edited version with the anvils totally plays up the momentum. Kamen underplays it like he does in a lot of his work if he is not encouraged to go big