Harry Potter 7CD Collection - SAMPLES and clips discussion

Jay

1 minute ago, Molly Weasley said:

William Ross is actually the reason John Williams didn't score 4-8 confirmed

William Ross is also the reason why WWII broke out... And why the dinosaurs went extinct! 

12 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

What is it about William Ross here? Haven't we been told very clearly he didn't compose COS music years ago?

That's true, but that's not the issue! 

He was there "adapting" JW's score for PS, when JW could have been writing new original music! 

Mankind will never forgive him for that!!!

30 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

JW couldn't have done it himself, he was too busy working on a certain movie with horrible dialogue, actors etc.

Minority Report isn’t *that* bad 

a lot of time in my film score playlists on itunes I add some of the alternates/unused music in the main body of the score if they sound different enough.. I did that with CE3K notably. If they are nearly incidental I put them at the end

did anyone record some of then other cues in the broadcast??

5 minutes ago, redishere said:

He even enlarged the COS poster in his website.
What a tool.

😂

Schermata 2018-12-01 alle 18.46.39.png

Well it’s the biggest film he’s composed!

Just now, Nick Parker said:

Well, I mean look at the other posters he has right there...which one would _you_ enlargen?

Exactly :D 

Funny thing is, there's no mention of him nor composing nor conducting/adapting if you click on the poster.
W. Ross, you scoundrel!

7 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

Well, I mean look at the other posters he has right there...which one would _you_ enlargen?

Embiggen! 

8 minutes ago, redishere said:

I think Ross could be pretty much anywhere, for all we know.
It's like trying to catch smoke.
Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands.

Schermata 2018-12-01 alle 19.20.39.png LAST LOCATION: Dufftown
Schermata 2018-12-01 alle 19.09.08.png

Dufftown? That’s not far from here!

44 minutes ago, redishere said:

He even enlarged the COS poster in his website.
What a tool.

😂

Schermata 2018-12-01 alle 18.46.39.png

The other posters are fake movies, right? I haven't heard of, let alone seen, any of them. They gotta be photoshopped! 😂 

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

The other posters are fake movies, right? I haven't heard of, let alone seen, any of them. They gotta be photoshopped! 😂 

"Alone, yet not alone" is actually the sequel to Home Alone. Adapted and conducted by William Ross

17 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

You know, pretty much all movie posters today deserve the term "photoshopped". Although, of course, it's not allowed to use that term:

Trademarks are not verbs.
Correct: The image was enhanced using Adobe® Photoshop® software.
Incorrect: The image was photoshopped.

1 minute ago, Laserschwert said:

You know, pretty much all movie posters today deserve the term "photoshopped". Although, of course, it's not allowed to use that term:

But I'm sure William Ross didn't photoshop it himself! He merely "adapted" it. 😂

1 minute ago, scallenger said:

Where is "Up The Stairs" in the set?

32 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's also fine to have both versions in the main program, as they don't really share any musical similarities despite both scoring the same scene. 

Yeah, I read that part, but in what track is "Up The Stairs" (the revised version) at since  A Walk in the Woods and Bird’s Flight 2:53 only appears to include the original "Map To Snow Scene" like he said, and judging by the radio show broadcast of the track (unless they cut it off early).

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Not possible, The Snowball Fight lasts 1:05 and it lasts about the same time on the OST.

Yeah you're right. Maybe it forms part of The Marauder's Map section of track 24 then? Going purely off what the cue is linked to in the film and Jay's description of what it sounds like. Still, we know it's in there somewhere :)

Checking the tracklist over and over again. I guess The Snowball Fight and The Three Broomsticks are switched as well, if I’m not mistaken, but I’m slowly starting to get why some cues are not in chronological order.

Tried listening to Quidditch, Second Year right after Transformation Class, and it flows perfectly.

MM+JW= soundtrack Megazord 🔥

2 hours ago, Jay said:

My personal commentary, not an official statement: 

Are you going to have to start adding this in every other post here at JWFan now, Jay? ;)