Jay

Harry Potter 7CD Collection - SAMPLES and clips discussion

12 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

What is it about William Ross here? Haven't we been told very clearly he didn't compose COS music years ago?

That's true, but that's not the issue! 

He was there "adapting" JW's score for PS, when JW could have been writing new original music! 

Mankind will never forgive him for that!!!

30 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

JW couldn't have done it himself, he was too busy working on a certain movie with horrible dialogue, actors etc.

Minority Report isn’t *that* bad 

a lot of time in my film score playlists on itunes I add some of the alternates/unused music in the main body of the score if they sound different enough.. I did that with CE3K notably. If they are nearly incidental I put them at the end

did anyone record some of then other cues in the broadcast??

Just now, Nick Parker said:

Well, I mean look at the other posters he has right there...which one would _you_ enlargen?

Exactly :D 

Funny thing is, there's no mention of him nor composing nor conducting/adapting if you click on the poster.
W. Ross, you scoundrel!

17 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

The other posters are fake movies, right? I haven't heard of, let alone seen, any of them. They gotta be photoshopped! 😂 

You know, pretty much all movie posters today deserve the term "photoshopped". Although, of course, it's not allowed to use that term:

Trademarks are not verbs.
Correct: The image was enhanced using Adobe® Photoshop® software.
Incorrect: The image was photoshopped.

1 minute ago, scallenger said:

Where is "Up The Stairs" in the set?

32 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's also fine to have both versions in the main program, as they don't really share any musical similarities despite both scoring the same scene. 

Yeah, I read that part, but in what track is "Up The Stairs" (the revised version) at since  A Walk in the Woods and Bird’s Flight 2:53 only appears to include the original "Map To Snow Scene" like he said, and judging by the radio show broadcast of the track (unless they cut it off early).

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Not possible, The Snowball Fight lasts 1:05 and it lasts about the same time on the OST.

Yeah you're right. Maybe it forms part of The Marauder's Map section of track 24 then? Going purely off what the cue is linked to in the film and Jay's description of what it sounds like. Still, we know it's in there somewhere :)

Checking the tracklist over and over again. I guess The Snowball Fight and The Three Broomsticks are switched as well, if I’m not mistaken, but I’m slowly starting to get why some cues are not in chronological order.

Tried listening to Quidditch, Second Year right after Transformation Class, and it flows perfectly.

MM+JW= soundtrack Megazord 🔥