Hollywood Reporter Composers' Roundtable 2018

KK

6 minutes ago, Gnome in Plaid said:

In a couple years it's just going to be Hans monologuing.

Chosen excerpt:

"I approach every film as its own universe, an infinite wellspring for me to draw from and create my own musical universe...it's like every film the Hans Zimmer you know dies, and recreates himself with every new score. The possibilities..."

"One of the things I love about film music is if i want to go and do my psychedelic country western heavy metal album, there probably is a movie...there's a producer somewhere going 'banjos and fuzz guitars - I need it!'  You're required to experiment; that's the call." - Hans Zimmer

Terence Blanchard's relationship with Spike Lee sounds like every composer's dream, too.

Just imagine one of these 30 years ago. Williams, Horner, Goldsmith, Barry, Poledouris, Kamen... now that would be worth watching.

Holy shit, Williams is the only one left. What a horrifying reality check. 😭

7 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

Chosen excerpt:

"I approach every film as its own universe, an infinite wellspring for me to draw from and create my own musical universe...it's like every film the Hans Zimmer you know dies, and recreates himself with every new score. The possibilities..."

He's basically like James Horner then? ;)

Karol

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Just imagine one of these 30 years ago. Williams, Horner, Goldsmith, Barry, Poledouris, Kamen... now that would be worth watching.

Holy shit, Williams is the only one left. What a horrifying reality check. 😭

I'd like to see a roundtable of John Williams, Ennio Morricone, Lalo Schifrin, Quincy Jones, Michel Legrand. Some of the few remaining A listers of that generation.