The Patriot

War of the Worlds

Star Wars - Attack of the Clones

Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith

Star Wars - The Force Awakens

Star Wars - The Last Jedi

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Raiders of the Lost Ark (still missing 4 minutes of music)

Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace

Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones

Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens

Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

On 12/16/2018 at 10:10 AM, publicist said:

AFAIR, the HOOK bootleg source wasn't used because it wasn't an 'official' source from Sony's vaults and they wouldn't sanction it. The only thing(s) still missing are two inserts in 'The Ultimate War'.

non  film stems versions of the Ultimate War . The LLL has a ton of volume dips.

Plus the complete End of Hook with the fanfare included

But at this point I say MM should put his ressources in something else than Hook. The boot sounds perfect and we can use to to replace a few cues from the LLL release.

And the funny thing about the 90's boot is that the Never Feast Insert is the only part that doesn't warble like a cassette and doesn't sound compressed. So you can edit it into another source

I really want to see the Star Wars prequels next year but I doubt we will. I'd also live to hear MM's take on how to bring the Original scores to life again after they're last "remastering".

3 minutes ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

I really want to see the Star Wars prequels next year but I doubt we will. I'd also live to hear MM's take on how to bring the Original scores to life again after they're last "remastering".

Given that it took 5 years to make the Potter set. and there's no indication MM was hired to work  on Star Wars yet, i don't expect expanded Prequels for a loooooooong time , like maybe even a decade

1 minute ago, King Mark said:

Given that it took 5 years to make the Potter set. and there's no indication MM was hired to work  on Star Wars yet, i don't expect expanded Prequels for a loooooooong time , like maybe even a decade

I expect them to come around in 2022 or 2027 to mark either the 45th or 50th anniversary. 

1 hour ago, staccato said:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Raiders of the Lost Ark (still missing 4 minutes of music)

Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace

Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones

Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens

Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

No Star Wars and no Indiana Jones score will ever be released by La-La Land.

1 minute ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

I expect them to come around in 2022 or 2027 to mark either the 45th or 50th anniversary. 

You guys annoy me with your fucking anniversaries. It's not that important. They give the release an "anniversary" title, when release and anniversary coincide.

2 minutes ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

Intrada, perhaps?

Perhaps, but Disney itself is more probable.

11 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

You guys annoy me with your fucking anniversaries. It's not that important. They give the release an "anniversary" title, when release and anniversary coincide.

Marketing people treat anniversaries like the holy grail. It's maybe not so much with LLL but in general they loooove to do collector's edition anything on the anniversary. I came here to speculate about LLL 2019, not be insulted first thing in the morning. Thanks.

On 12/15/2018 at 10:43 PM, JohnnyD said:

As we approach 2019, what upcoming expanded, remastered and definitive releases of the Maestro's work do you think will happen?

Saving Private Ryan 21st Anniversary Deluxe Edition

17 minutes ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

Marketing people treat anniversaries like the holy grail. It's maybe not so much with LLL but in general they loooove to do collector's edition anything on the anniversary. I came here to speculate about LLL 2019, not be insulted first thing in the morning. Thanks.

1999 is the year when TPM came out... 

:w00t::flameblob:

I bet MM and Jay are working on it right now, before they let it slip in a concert program some time next year! 

Just now, Josh500 said:

1999 is the year when TPM came out... 

:w00t::flameblob:

I bet MM and Jay are working on it right now, before they let it slip in a concert program some time next year... 

I really want to see it but i'm pretty sure we won't. Then again, I said that about Titanic, Jurassic Park, and Harry Potter so it's anyone's guess (except Jay's maybe).

Disney owns all the Star Wars scores now.  They'll only come out on Disney Records, no specialty label will ever be able to touch them

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Disney owns all the Star Wars scores now.  They'll only come out on Disney Records, no specialty label will ever be able to touch them

Are you saying you're in Disneyland right now, working on this new 9-CD The John Williams Star Wars Episode I-III Soundtracks Collection box set? :P

18 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

A better version of TOD is still the dream.

The John Williams Indiana Jones Soundtracks Collection! (Original trilogy.)

Well, 1989 was the year LC was released, so... It'd be the 30th Anniversary Edition! 

15 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Perhaps, but Disney itself is more probable.

Disney will remastered the 1 CD TFA score for the 20th Anniversary and that's all folks.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Well here's hoping they hire MM to do a proper box set for the Prequels.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Why do they need to be combined together in a box?

They don't need to be, but it's just more awesome that way! 

We've been spoiled recently with first the JP Collection and now the HP Collection! Before these came Concord's flawed but nevertheless much appreciated IJ Collection, of course.

The Gilligan's Island collection.

With both theme songs even if they are not his. I want the Movie Star and the rest, and the Movie Star, the Professor & Maryann....

Now that I think about it, it's unbelievable the complete scores for the prequels are still unreleased, it's Star Wars, STAR WARS! How is that possible? Disney would make a ton of money from that for sure...

In addition to Superman and Amistad being my predictions for 2019, I also feel that maybe another Spielberg collaboration will be given definitive treatment, although I cannot begin to guess what it could be.

32 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Now that I think about it, it's unbelievable the complete scores for the prequels are still unreleased, it's Star Wars, STAR WARS! How is that possible? Disney would make a ton of money from that for sure...

That is debatable. I wish to forget them

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

That is debatable. I wish to forget them

Have you heard the scores by themselves? If not, look them up and see why people want them. ROTS is my third favorite SW movie just because of the score.

2 hours ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

Have you heard the scores by themselves? If not, look them up and see why people want them. ROTS is my third favorite SW movie just because of the score.

I have been listening to John Williams music since the early 60's, both the good and the bad. Rots is a terrible score to a terrible movie. Its only good when it quotes Star Wars. I still can't decide which is worse Aotc or Rots. Either one is a loser. Such bad filmmaking. 

2 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

I have been listening to John Williams music since the early 60's, both the good and the bad. Rots is a terrible score to a terrible movie. Its only good when it quotes Star Wars. I still can't decide which is worse Aotc or Rots. Either one is a loser. Such bad filmmaking. 

Really? I've never met somebody who actually hates the Prequel scores. Most people I've seen agree that the films suck but the soundtracks are gold. May I ask why you think so? I'm genuinely curious what you don't like.

7 hours ago, crocodile said:

Would you release Born on the Fourth of July as part of the Oliver Stone trilogy or part of the Tom Cruise trilogy? Or would that be quadrilogy? ;)

Karol

Good point! Good point!

Tom Cruise is a wily son of a gun, he's gotta be a part of everything! 😂 But I'd rather prefer it to be part of the Oliver Stone trilogy. Then the other one could be titled...

"The John Williams Steven Spielberg Tom Cruise Soundtracks Collections set." (Minority Report and War of the Worlds)

And Far and Away they can just release on its own. I completely forgot about FaA!