SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE - 3CD Set from La-La Land Records

TownerFan

Woohoo! Nice to have it confirmed.

And wowzers, 3CDs! And they still had to put the source music on the II-III release!

What comprises this set; two discs for the film score/alternates and a third disc for the OST? Wasn't the FSM release only two discs? Interesting! 

4 minutes ago, Amer said:

Loving it. My dream 3CD issue. Woo hoo!!! 

Yet another sound quality improvement apparently. 3 CDs for the triple dip I'll have to do after getting the Blue Box it seems.

But for those who don't own this score yet this will surely be the definitive version to get. :) 

Good, good. But what on earth was the purpose of including that Superman The Movie source music on the recently released Superman II/III set? Surely they have been working on these two releases at the same time and could’ve (should’ve!) held off.

Surely this wasn’t an intentional double dip, but it sure feels like it. I feel a bit ripped off having bought that set now.

Question: Where did they post that it is 3 CDs?  I don't see that on this youtube video, nor their Facebook post about it?

32 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

It says that on their website. 

https://lalalandrecords.com/superman-the-movie/

Thank you!

32 minutes ago, Incanus said:

It is on the e-mail.

What email?

I usually get emails from them when they have new titles, but got nothing about this.

Can somebody paste the contents of the email?

Speaking for all of us who are subscribed but never ever gotten anything from them even as spam (and there is a considerable number of us), I say that should just be regular procedure in the LLL thread, like how somebody usually pastes the clues from Doug's corner into the Intrada thread.

I actually checked my other email account and i DID get the email, gmail just didn't auto-forward it to my main email account for some reason

Here's the email:

http://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/4our-vzlsz--iwwxw-ag4f6q7

I'm sure the High Resolution transfer that Mike Matessino mentioned in Tim Burden sound blog interview will sound terrific. I expect a super rehaul using all the latest technological advancements being used to make a perfect sounding edition. Folks! Really excited about this one. As its my NUMBER 1 FAVOURITE SCORE of all time!

Sweet, good to finally have official confirmation!  Last version I have is the Rhino from 2000 so hard buy for me.  I would assume that 3rd disc is the remastered OST/LP?  Still find it strange that source music was on the last set but I guess we'll get the skinny once more details are revealed on this set.

I have never been a special fan of Superman (film or score), not because I dislike Superman, but because I've never really gotten to know it. I've seen the movie only once, and listened to the entire score only a few times (the Superman march many times, obviously), and that's it. It's not like Jaws, Jurassic Park, or the Harry Potter movies, which I have seen literally dozens of times.

I'm certainly going to use this occasion to get to know Superman, movie and score, a lot better! 

7 minutes ago, Faleel J.M. said:

That video has a clean opening for the final Superman March in Fortress of Solitude....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rrX6CCfbQsQ

I knew something was new about those first brass notes!
Will be my fifth copy of the score - bought the LP in 1979, and still have the three existing CD editions - but I am all over it. This should be the one. Top 5 JW.

TDE...Too Damned Expensive.

18 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Pass. Happy with the Debney album.

(runs away)

Its a dust collector 

Given that I never had the Blue Box, and this is a Matessino effort, I'll very likely be getting this with glee.

I love the Rino release (listened to it this morning), so the improvement from better sources this will have, especially with MM on production and Jim Titus on artwork, will be fantastic.

2 minutes ago, Brian99_1 said:

What is left to make this 3 cds??? Wow!

Maybe material from CD 8 of the Blue Box. We might get repeats of the Superman: The Movie source cues and alternates, with the main score on CDs 1 and 2.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

I own both the Rhino release and the Blue Box. I'm not sure if I'm willing to triple dip. But given the people behind it, in sure this release will be wonderful!

Same, and I also own the OST and the Debney version.

If we're all sharing our SUPERMAN soundtrack story....I bought the old Warner Bros CD through post order(!) back in the 90s. It will be my one and only SUPERMAN soundtrack untill the day I die. But I did buy the Rhino 2CD at some point, just to see what the big deal was. Loved the "Helicopter Rescue" track of the unreleased cues -- and perhaps one I could include in the already-long Warner Bros programme without losing flow -- but ultimately found that was not enough to keep it. Sold it a few years later. The End.

Don't forget if CD 3 is the OST remasterd, it will be the Premiere release on cd for the first time in US. Since the first US CD omitted 2 tracks. The Japanese Warner release was the only cd release to feature the full OST album release on cd clocking at 78 minutes. 

Can't wait to see this one. 

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Why doesn't that surprise me, Thor? ;)

And he has questioned my tastes. 😅

2 hours ago, Brian99_1 said:

What is left to make this 3 cds??? Wow!

The screensaver!

1 hour ago, Thor said:

If we're all sharing our SUPERMAN soundtrack story....I bought the old Warner Bros CD through post order(!) back in the 90s. It will be my one and only SUPERMAN soundtrack untill the day I die. But I did buy the Rhino 2CD at some point, just to see what the big deal was. Loved the "Helicopter Rescue" track of the unreleased cues -- and perhaps one I could include in the already-long Warner Bros programme without losing flow -- but ultimately found that was not enough to keep it. Sold it a few years later. The End.

Possibly my favourite aspect of the Rhino release (apart from greatly upgraded sound in some cues), is the many alternates and arrangements of the Superman march.