SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE - 3CD Set from La-La Land Records

TownerFan

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

In case anybody doesn't get the significance,

February 15, 2000 is when the Rhino 2CD set came out

February 15, 2008 is when the Blue Box came out

That's the "important" reason they waited with the announcement? Nothing else?

6 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Is it looking like this is the best release yet @Jay?

I don't know much about the previous expansions.

As far as I know both 2000 and 2008 were taken from the same source. And these weren't first generation elements. Unlike this new release. Having said that, both older sets were already quite satisfying in terms of sound. But having heard the new samples, it appears the upgrade is more than justified.

Karol

Oh a high res version of that other splash art is now available

Available to order now at www.lalalandrecords.com

#SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE - 40th ANNIVERSARY REMASTERED LIMITED EDITION (3-CD SET) by #JohnWilliams #SupermanDay

May be an image of 1 person

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/photos/a.181243738754/10157356894083755/

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

In case anybody doesn't get the significance,

February 15, 2000 is when the Rhino 2CD set came out

February 15, 2008 is when the Blue Box came out

Image result for mindblown gif

Fantastic and surprising news!  Listening to samples now and they sound glorious!!!!  Thanks LLL and MM!!!!

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

I don't understand your question

I had the impression that the albums were ready to be shipped, but they either waited for approval, or they wanted to tie in the announcement with some other announcement.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

That sample of the new Fortress of Solitude Alternate is pretty interesting

This track doesn't have a sample? Or am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

I don't know why you had that impression.

Oh, it was just a speculative post. ROTFLMAO

On 2/14/2019 at 4:28 PM, SyncMan said:

If that is true, I’m thinking that he is holding-off the release of the album because he’s under orders from Warner Bros to do so.  Perhaps, Warner Bros may make an announcement sometime in “late feb, early March” that would have something to do with “Superman-The Movie.”  But what?  Not a theatrical re-release because that was done in November.  Not a home video release because that was done in November, also.

I really liked in the JAWS liner notes, Mike was given space to write about his experience working with the old masters and what he did with them.  I hope he has written something similar for these liner notes.

(I haven't seen them yet - I wasn't asked to proof read them, so don't blame any typos on me!)

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Have you just been shaving?

Nah. I have a really small amount of facial hair. My ex-wife had a bigger mustache than I could ever hope to grow on me, so you can have an idea.

3 minutes ago, rough cut said:

I’m glad the anniversary logo’s not on there.

Why not?  The press releases state it's the 40th anniversary release for the soundtrack, do you want LLL to retract it and say 41st or are you OK with that?

Thankfully this is only my 2nd time purchasing this score to go along with the Rhino release.  When you're married it can be tougher to get clearance from the tower to purchase a $120 box set compared to single releases over time 😆  

Not on Earth, maybe. But did you consider the fact that the electrical signals from the microphones on the recording sessions leaked, traveled millions of miles into space and was captured by alien spaceships and stored on 384kHz 32bit resolution, but the aliens sold it to Sony Music?

Side note, I watched "Contact" a few months ago. 😁

I updated my existing Superman spreadsheet, don't hold it against me if I made any mistakes cause I did this quickly and won't be able to fix anything for a while

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SkAOjZN-WOO03rsafaw4nOo2rFALx7E0DVj5-ky7Zmw/edit?usp=sharing

Mike certainly COULD use these elements to build a new isolated score track, but clearly Warner Brothers didn't ask him to because the 40th anniversary Blu Ray / 4K Ultra HD Blu Ray that came out last year doesn't have one.

31 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

Thankfully this is only my 2nd time purchasing this score to go along with the Rhino release.

Same here! I've been listening to the terrific sound samples for the last few minutes... it will be pretty hard to resist buying what looks like a wonderful (definitive?) set. Fantastic job and labor of love from the guys at LLL once again, it seems.

Quickly looked at the spreadsheet. Am I right in thinking the only track I should keep from the previous sets is the main title alternate? Why didn't they put it on this new release? (Not complaining, just asking.)

What a spectacular release this is. Iam so relieved that the OST 78 minute album has also been released. The set configuration is exactly how I wanted this to be. On a personal note both the movie and score were gateway to soundtrackdom for me. All this begins and ends with SUPERMAN for me. Let it be known, it's My favorite soundtrack in the world! 

Thank you to LLL and Mike Matessino. 

46 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Am I right in thinking the only track I should keep from the previous sets is the main title alternate?

Isn't that included here? 

3 hours ago, Jay said:

12 Prelude and Main Title (Alternate)  3:49