SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE - 3CD Set from La-La Land Records

TownerFan

3 hours ago, mstrox said:

Apparently this is on my porch. 

Won't be able to report on it first - still haven't listened to Prisoner of Azkaban, and I like that better than Superman.  I'll listen to it eventually.

Just saw on FSM that between website and wholesale sales, they've already moved 3000+ copies of this in the first week.

Thanks for rubbing it in, good fellow. ;) 

But for real and for true-- I ordered mine within 9 minutes of it posting. I desperately hope it's en route and they haven't updated the site. I'm NOT bitter. lol I'm just SO ready for this one!! 

I don't think your ordering time matters in the slightest. I ordered HP seven minutes after it went up and a friend ordered on minute 1. That guy got his set 4 weeks after I got mine and I also got my shipping notification way earlier.

My goodness.  Superman has never sounded like this before.  Stunning upgrade in every way.  Shakes the windows of my house!  

My longing for Mike to be able to tackle Empire keeps me up at night.  

8 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

People actually use shuffle?

I use shuffle in my car to play through thousands of JW tracks that are on my phone, on my way to work. My drive is about 30 minutes each way. Never know what you’re going to get. But it’s always good. At least the sound is good as my phone plays Flac through a Dragonfly USB DAC. And my car has a 9 speakers Bose system. 

16 hours ago, SyncMan said:

At the 44:01 mark of the podcast, there is some discussion of a Live-to-Projection concert for Superman.  On the podcast, Mike M said that it is “under discussion” and “those talks are continuing.”

So, the long and the short of this subject is that a L2P concert is being considered.

@TownerFan, when was the podcast recorded that Mike M  made that statement?

We recorded it two weeks ago. It seems like the chance of WB doing a LTP of Superman is pretty high.

Thanks, @TownerFan, for that.

This would explain why Mike M. was not responding to any queries about it when he was on the FSM forum two weeks ago commenting and answering questions about the LLL CD set.  (Heck, when one poster said that the CD was announced for purchase on that person’s birthday, Mike M. wished that person a happy belated birthday.) I’m guessing that there have not been any developments to report on the LTP concert since he made that statement on your podcast @TownerFan, and I respect Mike M for that reasoning.

Employee3 hates me. Still no shipping notice. I thought we had a special relationship after how quickly I got the HP set :(

What I've heard so far sounds absolutely sublime though! I can't wait to listen to this from start to finish :)

Not sure if this has already been raised. Filmtracks has a tracklist of that 72 minute version of the OST, but it splits the flying sequence into two tracks, while the LLL remaster has one eight-minute track on disc 3. What was JW's real original intention in this case?

30 minutes ago, Alan said:

Employee3 hates me. Still no shipping notice. I thought we had a special relationship after how quickly I got the HP set :(

Yeah still waiting for a shipping notice. But I guess they have a hefty bit of orders to send out and only a few people in the shipping department.

I arrange them chronologically by year, but keep the series/franchises together.

23 hours ago, mstrox said:

Pics

0E53ACA4-2AD1-4C57-A5A0-690ECD9CD3C4.jpeg51A684EE-ACC6-4B18-B678-1A45D0A23DCF.jpeg7B41855E-7C80-43BB-979C-BA6504C3CC25.jpegC00394D1-A3C3-4F50-BC43-B47FF07B300B.jpeg2579CDF5-8013-447C-BE00-EAB4722D8724.jpeg

Nice pics! 👍

55 minutes ago, Richard said:

What's all this? No, no, no. 1941 after DRACULA; JAWS2 after THE FURY, but before SUPERMAN; EMPIRE OF THE SUN after SUPERMAN IV; CE3K after STAR WARS.

A thousand pardons, sir...  

Too bad the JW collection didn't come in a slip case with 2 separate 2-disc sets, messing up my chronological display.

12.jpg

13.jpg

I figure life's a gift and don’t intend on wasting it. You never know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you...to make each day count. 

5 hours ago, Arpy said:

@crumbs shipping notice yet?

Just twiddling my thumbs in the dark...

Haven't ordered it lol. Waiting for the next JW expansion to pair it with. Sadly the exorbitant shipping rates for international customers have made it unfeasible for me to order these releases individually.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Haven't ordered it lol. Waiting for the next JW expansion to pair it with. Sadly the exorbitant shipping rates for international customers have made it unfeasible for me to order these releases individually.

Yep, it certainly was a knife-wound to my bank account, but I thought 'eh, it's my first Superman set, better jump on it'.