The official JW 2019 release schedule

FEBRUARY: SUPERMAN 3-CD,

APRIL: THE EIGER SANCTION 2-CD,

JUNE: EARTHQUAKE 2-CD,

AUGUST: PRESUMED INNOCENT expanded,

SEPTEMBER: AMISTAD expanded,

OCTOBER: THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK 2-CD,

NOVEMBER: JFK 2-CD; NIXON 2-CD,

DECEMBER: THE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST expanded.

Just add JULY: BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION - released on July 3rd, my birthday (and Tom Cruise 's FWIW) and I can die happy on 31 December 2019.

52 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

So how much will this cost? I fear that ordering all 4 scores is going to cost me more than the blue box would have ( I didn't buy that because of the pricetag... ) I'm glad to buy these newer definitive editions...but I find it ironic hehe.

Sup IV:  $24.98

Sup II/III:  $34.98

S:TM:  $34.98 ? 

$94.94 vs $120 for the Blue Box, so definitely a no-brainer to buy these.  I'm like you in that I didn't buy the BB due to the price as well.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

What a dull year that will be. 

9 hours ago, Richard said:

7 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Just add JULY: BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION

Obviously, Superman is officially confirmed, but no release date yet. That line up would be phenomenal for the coming year. I at least feel that Amistad will be released sometime in 2019.

Hook would require 3 CDs done properly, wouldn't it?

Wasn't there a bunch of stuff that LLL found for the last release that they couldn't release for various reasons (like licensing issues or early song demos that were abandoned)? 

Amistad is more boring than Algebra II. It's one of the most unnecessary expansions since Not With My Wife You Don't.

Superman - The Movie, on the other hand, is a top 5 all-time film score. Almost nothing can measure up to it. It's just so iconic and beloved, so profoundly great. Of course, this new generation of JWFan posters blather on about how it's boring, only 50% a good score or whatever. Idiots.

I haven’t really been paying attention to all the comments... people are really say Superman is boring?

What... the... actual... f...

I know the fanfare took a lot of flak for being in the Justice League movie.

So sad. It should be up there as one of the defining movie scores, same as Pink Panther and James Bond; recognizable by all.

2 hours ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

Amistad is more boring than Algebra II. It's one of the most unnecessary expansions since Not With My Wife You Don't.

Superman - The Movie, on the other hand, is a top 5 all-time film score. Almost nothing can measure up to it. It's just so iconic and beloved, so profoundly great. Of course, this new generation of JWFan posters blather on about how it's boring, only 50% a good score or whatever. Idiots.

You're so wrong.

15 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I play Amistad more often than Superman.

And you're so wise.

14 hours ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

Algebra isn't boring if you understand it. Same with Amistad. ;)

On 12/20/2018 at 9:59 AM, Amer said:

I'm sure the High Resolution transfer that Mike Matessino mentioned in Tim Burden sound blog interview will sound terrific. I expect a super rehaul using all the latest technological advancements being used to make a perfect sounding edition. Folks! Really excited about this one. As its my NUMBER FAVOURITE SCORE of all time!

Me too, man. :) This is a dream come true. 

From the LLL thread:

2019 is starting off with some amazing projects.....with, of course, our previously announced 3 disc set of SUPERMAN THE MOVIE, expanded and completely remastered. You WILL believe a Soundtrack can improve!

On 12/22/2018 at 6:28 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

I play Amistad more often than Superman.

One is more Americana than the other. 

2 hours ago, Faleel J.M. said:

2019 is starting off with some amazing projects.....with, of course, our previously announced 3 disc set of SUPERMAN THE MOVIE, expanded and completely remastered. You WILL believe a Soundtrack can improve!

Expanded? How?

11 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

Expanded? How?

Well there was a cue that was spotted for a daily planet scene that was thought to be unwritten, and some alternates for Trip to Earth, Fortress of Solitude etc. That were thought to be unrecorded...

But most likely it means expanded from the OST/Rhino

Just now, Nick Parker said:

I don't own a single Superman release, so I'm pretty pumped for this. 

I only have the Original OST physically, A long time ago, I tried to order the Rhino on Amazon and ended up with the OST, so I ended up buying the Rhino digitally (since I figured I would end up buying the Blue Box.)

Superman is such a perfect combination of talent coming together in film making, acting and music.

On top of buying all the DVDs, the Blu-ray anthology, and the Blu-ray of the TV cut, I’ve bought any version of the soundtrack I could find.

I bought the OST in the 90’s, the Rhino re-release, the re-recording, the Blue Box, the John Ottman adaption, the John Ottman limited edition re-release, as well as the Superman II/III release and I am STILL looking forward to this.

Ah! What fools are we!

Happy new year everyone! : )

25 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I'm selling the less-than-stellar-sounding old OST release and the complete (16 track) Japanese OST release if the third disc in the new set is the remastered OST.

The question is who's gonna buy that? Any serious fan of the Superman score will likely buy this new set, any superficial fan of the score will likely get the regular, non-Japanese album... 

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

The question is who's gonna buy that? Any serious fan of the Superman score will likely buy this new set, any superficial fan of the score will likely get the regular, non-Japanese album... 

I'm hoping to sell them before every non-JWFanner becomes aware of the new release!  :D

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I'm hoping to sell them before every non-JWFanner becomes aware of the new release!  :D

Where, on eBay? 

I might buy that! 😂 

11 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

I don't own a single Superman release, so I'm pretty pumped for this. 

Same, it's been a score I've digitally owned, but never had the cash or determination to buy any of the sets, especially the blue box. 

Thankfully I now know which set I'll be getting...

21 minutes ago, rough cut said:

He’ll sell them to you for $100 each! 😂

You can buy my Blue Box as well! It’s the coveted first printing. 😉

I was just kidding, I do own the Japanese OST of Superman as well as the Rhino version.

Never got around to buying the Blue Box, but of course, now with the release of this new LLL album (the ultimate set, as it were), I don't need to anymore.... :D

From MV at the FSM board...

We were going with House with a Clock on its Walls for Jan 8, but since it wont be in stock then, we decided to push it to Jan 22 along with the Orville launch (which we hope to make)

Superman will be late feb... early March. 

Other Side of the Wind in Feb along with a 4 CD set of an awesome project. 

Paramount wants the Bumblebee soundtrack out with home video release. Most likely March

MV

Probably better this way, need to recover from my BF purchases... ;) 

10 hours ago, rough cut said:

Superman is such a perfect combination of talent coming together in film making, acting and music.

On top of buying all the DVDs, the Blu-ray anthology, and the Blu-ray of the TV cut, I’ve bought any version of the soundtrack I could find.

I bought the OST in the 90’s, the Rhino re-release, the re-recording, the Blue Box, the John Ottman adaption, the John Ottman limited edition re-release, as well as the Superman II/III release and I am STILL looking forward to this.

Ah! What fools are we!

Happy new year everyone! : )

Are you seriously missing the 16 track Japanese OST release?

;)

The 2CD Superman was one of my most-played soundtracks in the 2000s. It came out at a time when you could go into Strawberries or Borders and there was a sprawling selection of soundtrack CDs. I think they were also the first CDs I ripped into mp3 form. Most of the classic blockbuster Williams were reissued in those years and it was easily the most exciting period for my collecting and listening.

I got the FSM set only for the original score. While it was still in my possession, I actually got the spine of the case signed by Williams in Boston and he even spoke to me, saying he thought his signature showed up.

11 minutes ago, Amer said:

It would be nice if LLL were to announce the flyer for SUPERMAN on Feb 8th to coincide with Williams birthda

LLL is done with flyers.