Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?

Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?

1 hour ago, Bilbo said:

It’s set at Xmas, why wouldn’t it be?

Not only is it set in Christmas, but the chain of events that sets the movie off is unlikely to occur at any time other than Christmas.

It was originally released in the summer, so I'd say no.

But it's a perfect antidote to all the schmaltzy saccharine Christmas family crap you'd otherwise get shoved down your throat on Christmas. So yay!

6 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Not only is it set in Christmas, but the chain of events that sets the movie off is unlikely to occur at any time other than Christmas.

Plus the score opens with those wonderful ominous sleigh bells. And quotes from Christmas music. 

Karol

It's not exclusively a Christmas movie, and possibly not even intended to be one. But there are enough Christmas references to it (in the plot, dialogue and music) for people around the world to recognise it as a Christmas movie, so it obviously is one.

4 hours ago, crocodile said:

Yes, and so are Batman Returns, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Fanny and Alexander and Eyes Wide Shut.

Karoo

Why do you even need to type your name after every goddamn post in the first place, Karoo? 

27 minutes ago, Wojism said:

Why do you even need to type your name after every goddamn post in the first place, Karoo? 

I need to have some sort of fad/quirk to cover up my complete lack of personality.

Karol

2 hours ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

Is The Passion an Easter movie?

1 hour ago, Wojism said:

Absolutely yes. 

After watching it, it's difficult to look upon THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST as anything other than an Easter movie.

20 hours ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

The Christmas Movie genre for me is reserved for movies that can really only be enjoyed specifically around that holiday. This includes Dr. Seuss's Grinch cartoon from the 60s, Home Alone and of course the remake of Miracle on 34th Street with John Williams.

Movies set around Christmas like Die Hard and Batman II can be viewed any time of year.

You mean I can’t watch Survivng Christmas, starring Ben Affleck, at any time of the year? :(