In your opinion, is Avatar a GREAT score?

Jurassic Shark

In your opinion, is Avatar a GREAT score?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, is Avatar a GREAT score?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/19 at 10:59 PM

3 hours ago, Richard said:

It's hard to find, and it's very "80s", but it has some good character moments, and a standout performance from Louise Fletcher, as well as some nice sideswipes at big business.

My friend's R1 DVD moved from 1.85:1, to 2:65:1, (like the film), so it looked odd. If you can live with that...

The SFX speak for themselves. 

The score is magnificent.

I hope you enjoy it, and as Chris Walken says: "Nobody locks me out!".

The film itself is visually interesting with the acting no better than out of an 80s Pepto Bismol commercial. Bland. 

As for before, that whole misunderstanding about your remarks, to me it looked like you were directing them at me and not the link. Reading it as part of the flow of conversation that's what it looked like to me, that you were calling me a 'cunt'. 

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

The opinion of the voting majority is all that counts!

Sure, if you actually cared much for what people have to say on a heavily biased John Williams board where I hear they delight in trashing people left right and center on the accompanying Discord server, where these very people really let their opinions be known. 

17 minutes ago, NL197 said:

This thread has proven the options were far too limiting. I think it's great, nothing here will change that. I guess you needed your opinion validated or something. 

The objective was to figure out if the JWFan community considers it a great score, and I chose a binary question form to stress that.

I guess the conclusion is that it's a divisive score -- almost down to the middle -- in terms of labelling it 'great' or not. That's about it.

32 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

By democratic vote, and a clear majority, it has been settled that Avatar is not a great score. That, however, does not rule out that it can be a good score.

14 minutes ago, Thor said:

Ha! You wish!

How about a "no-deal" vote, or a "backstop" vote?

7 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

By democratic vote, and a clear majority, it has been settled that Avatar is not a great score. That, however, does not rule out that it can be a good score.

Thats not the way it works ms Jurassic thang it just continues the flaws of voting when waterheads are allowed to vote. It is a 5 star score no matter what some tarded poll says.

Just now, Stefancos said:

Just like 2 years ago!

There is a similarity isn't there.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Some people are just incompatible with democracy!

But this isnt democracy at work.