Upcoming Television Shows (and general TV chitchat)

Jay

I'm sick of combining talk of upcoming shows with discussion of shows airing into one thread, so now they are separated like Films and Scores and Books

TIL USA Network is creating a Jason Bourne spinoff TV series called Treadstone that will star Jeremy Irvine, Brian J. Smith, Omar Metwally, Tracy Ifeachor (Quantico), Hyo Joo Han (W: Two Worlds), Gabrielle Scharnitzky (The Game), and Emilia Schüle (Berlin Station).

https://deadline.com/2019/01/bourne-drama-series-treadstone-cast-omar-metwally-tracy-ifeachor-1202534766/

I can't imagine this will be any good, but maybe the score will be fun, or some of the (non-dead) movie actors will cameo

Here's a trailer for HANNA, a reboot of the 2011 movie that is (randomly) reuniting the leads from The Killing

I don't know why posting news about a new show in the TV show thread would make anyone sick. I thought it was perfectly fine. Seems to me Jay wanted to pull a KM.

Steve Carell and Greg Daniels, who previously teamed up on the U.S. version of the beloved sitcom "The Office," are making a "Space Force" comedy series for Netflix.

A comedy series about Trump's Space Force? I can't wait!

The only US-residing Trekkies that want to see it and will do that are the ones that won't just torrent it instead

I don't know. The second season left me with mixed feelings. Wasn't sure how much steam was left in the show anyway. 

I liked the second season just about as much as the first.  I feel like they have the groundwork for a solid 5 season run.  Oh well.

On 1/31/2019 at 11:57 AM, Jay said:

The only US-residing Trekkies that want to see it and will do that are the ones that won't just torrent it instead

I don't know how to torrent. 

https://scroll.in/reel/912964/bbc-announces-five-new-shows-including-one-planet-seven-worlds-and-frozen-planet

BBC officially confirms Planet Earth III, Frozen Planet II. 

One Planet: Seven Worlds, Perfect Planet, Green Planet among other things.

This is really exciting news. I always loved the original series' of Blue Planet, Planet Earth, and Frozen Planet, and the sequels Planet Earth II (2016) and Blue Planet II (2018) really took things up a notch. 

Additionally, the music is always really good. George Fenton and George Howe's original scores are stellar, and the newer series were covered by names such as Jasha Klebe, Jacob Shea, and David Flemming, with respective themes by Hans Zimmer.

Exciting news to hear of more content, entailing more stunning visuals and wildlife as well as very, very good music.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 1:48 AM, Alexcremers said:

Something tells me you watch ....

lucifer_poster_season_2.jpg

Never seen it. Sorry

Here's a trailer for The OA Season 2:

I'm not watching it for spoiler reasons; I'll just wait and watch the season when it comes out March 22nd.

On 2/25/2019 at 2:34 AM, Alexcremers said:

2019 is going to be so good.

You ain't kidding, Alex!

We've already had a fantastic season of True Detective, and coming this year we have:

-Season 2 of The OA

-The final season of Veep

-The second season of Barry

-The final season of Game of Thrones

-The third season of Search Party

-The second season of Mindhunter

-The final season of Legion

-The final season of Mr. Robot

Not to mention the wildcards - His Dark Materials and Watchmen.

Takes the sting out of Fargo Season 4 and Westworld Season 3 not dropping until 2020...

Very stylised and slow. It's not my favourite Gaiman novel, so I'm not sure how it was received by the book's serious fans. I'm looking forward to S2 which might include some of the bits I liked most in the book. And it certainly has a fine cast.