RIP Nick Redman

Sad news. Expanded releases like we know today (SW Anthology) were made possible thanks to him. RIP, Nick Redman.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/nick-redman-documentary-filmmaker-and-soundtrack-producer-dead-1203111967/

3 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Wow :( 

I'd pictured him as younger than that for some reason. RIP.

It's the name Nick that does it I think.

This is massive loss to us film music fans. This man did so much for our community and paved way to a golden era of archival releases. :(

I've read before that he was ill but was hoping he can pull through. First Beth Krakower, now him... really sad.

Karol

I think the first time I noticed his name was on the Varese POTA album. I remember reading that he was ill, but I didn't know it was serious.

Here are two photos I took of him presenting and interviewing Lalo Schifrin at the Vienna Film Music Symposium in 2012:

DSC_5136.JPG

DSC_5146_v1.JPG

RIP

Damn, I didn’t know he was ill. 

Needless to say his name graces many CDs and DVDs in my household.

Rest in Peace sir and thank you for all your work. 

5 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I put mine in General Discussion, since Mr. Redman did so much more than John Williams albums.

RIP.

Sorry, Stef. I missed that.

I know Nick Redman did a whole lot more, but since he produced the first ever expanded Williams release, one that's still regarded as reference quality in many ways even after more than 25 years now, I saw fit to open a thread here.

Very sad news.

His work in preserving film and film music will be greatly missed. I heard a few of his audio commentaries and they were always enlightening and fun to listen to. 

And as mentioned above, he also helped set the standard for what is a great expanded/complete release.

As much as he will be missed, I'm sure his legacy will live for generations to come, providing continuous enjoyment and (re)discovery of masterpieces of film and film music.

• 1 month later...

So sad Nick Redman has passed away. 1st heard his name on The Star Wars Trilogy Anthology and RCA Victor Star Wars Trology Special Edition Soundtrack Releases plus the many scores and soundtracks he produced for Film Score Monthly. He will be missed in the music and soundtrack producing industry. 😢