Intelligence test: What do these stars have in common?

Josh500

16 minutes ago, Jilal said:

❤️

I'm afraid I'm having exams at the moment (in fact I should be practicing some contour integration), and I'm pretty busy studying physics most of the time anyway. I find it to be very challenging and rewarding. I do really wish I had more time to spend studying music theory and composing. Later in life, perhaps.

I'll second TGP - good to hear from you. :)

Good luck with exams (mine are coming next week, although only high school ones thankfully!). 

22 minutes ago, Jilal said:

❤️

I'm afraid I'm having exams at the moment (in fact I should be practicing some contour integration), and I'm pretty busy studying physics most of the time anyway. I find it to be very challenging and rewarding. I do really wish I had more time to spend studying music theory and composing. Later in life, perhaps.

Bon courage!

OK, here's a few more clues.

By the way, this "test" (or riddle or whatever you want to call it) doesn't originate with me. I belong to a private online forum, where about 12 guys and girls from around the world discuss honestly, openly, and cordially (meaning without malice), all sorts of current-day topics, including controversial ones. And somebody out of the blue just posted this question. Nobody guessed the answer for a week or so, and then I did. The OP later told me that I wasn't the first to arrive at the answer but one of the first.

Anyway, here are some of the outrageous and/or hilarious answers proposed, which all turned out to be wrong

1. They all have powerful daddies in the business that helped them get to where they are in their careers.

2. They all faked a British accent at some point.

3. They all had boob jobs.

4. They all had nose jobs.

5. They all had boob and nose jobs.

6. They all can't act or sing.

7. They all appeared on Ellen. (really? Marilyn Monroe?) 😂

8. They all speak at least one foreign language fluently.

9. They all guest starred on Friends. (again, Marilyn Monroe?) 😂

10. They all adopted a child from a poor Third World country and posed publicly with them...

Oh, and another clue: most of the names on the list are fixed, meaning they definitely belong there, but not all of them. There's a chance some of them might get off it at some point. But for right now they are! 

5 hours ago, W0$ said:

They all have a sibling, specifically an older brother.

Outside the box is a sexual euphemism to not think about the women. 

I think you may be close...!! 

4 hours ago, Warrior of Wet Dreams said:

None of them are particularly attractive?

Which stars do you find attractive then? 😂 

5 hours ago, Glóin the Dark said:

Have they all portrayed men in some capacity?

No, that's not the answer (although I haven't checked)... 

5 hours ago, W0$ said:

They all know or knew somebody that voted against Trump. 

This has nothing to do with politics.

If the thirty minutes that I spent checking wikipedia articles to test a few theories got something close, but not exact, then this proves this isn't a reasonably fun question to ask people. Not if it involves 26 women who are not all American, not all the same race, didn't all meet, and all still aren't alive.

This is research. You may as well say the answer is that they all released a third movie that debuted on the same day in Tokyo, or they all had a second husband named Steve. It's not fun based on what people are reasonably supposed to know or remember. 

You're just too smart for us, Mensa boy. 

The problem with this question is that it has many correct answers, but to win, one needs to guess exactly the one OP had in mind. This is not intelligence or creativity testing. This is a school quiz.

So we're looking for some sort of attribute which can be satisfied in a non-permanent way, but can also be (and in most of the given cases is) satisfied in a permanent way. It also appears to be somewhat related to gender.

Something to do with their offspring (or their siblings) could fit these requirements, but I couldn't spot any commonalities from a quick Google search of a few of the names on the list (and, in any case, that's not the sort of thing one could guess on the basis of a general familiarity with their performance history). What other sort of attribute could fit the requirements?

14 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

The problem with this question is that it has many correct answers...

These sorts of puzzles generally do, but the "correct" answers will mostly be unnatural contrivances. It's possible that there's a natural connection shared by the twenty-six people named in the top list (and not by the six others) that we're all overlooking...

Like I said, I didn't get the answer right away either. 

But when you do, you'll most likely know it, and it won't be disappointing or ridiculous (but maybe you'll be slapping your forehead in sudden understanding and/or incredulity). Trust me, there's one very obvious connection. Most people just don't see it right away, maybe it's just too obvious. Hidden in plain sight, as it were!

53 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

The problem with this question is that it has many correct answers, but to win, one needs to guess exactly the one OP had in mind. This is not intelligence or creativity testing. This is a school quiz.

Many answers? It's not like you yourself have offered any answer that fit all these 26 female stars! 😂 

11 hours ago, W0$ said:

You're just too smart for us, Mensa boy. 

Well, if it was so easy to answer, it would hardly be an intelligence test now, would it? ;)

12 hours ago, Warrior of Wet Dreams said:

Image result for sigourney weaver gif

Sigourney Weaver? She may be talented, she may be a great actress, she may have had many awesome roles, and she may even be a good person in real life... but seriously, I never found her especially physically attractive. Not even in her Alien days! 

17 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Many answers? It's not like you yourself have offered any answer that fit all these 26 female stars! 😂 

22 hours ago, Fabulin said:

They are all within two standard deviations from average

"Intelligence test: what do these stars have in common". Outside the box of your post is the thread title.

46 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Yeah, Josh did say they had "a thing" in common.

Did I say that? 

I asked what have they in common? And I said that they have something in common. Anyway, I didn't say that they have a physical thing (meaning object) in common... 

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

They all have or had vaginas. Except maybe Jamie Lee  Curtis

She's not even on the list! 

All right, somebody just mailed me the correct answer! Congrats! I won't reveal it here yet, though... :D

But here's a final clue: 

These further 4 stars are on the list: 

27. Cameron Diaz 

28. Jodie Foster 

29. Jennifer Lopez

30. Ashley Greene

And these 4 stars are not

7. Mila Kunis 

8. Camilla Belle

9. Courteney Cox

10. Lisa Kudrow 

If anything this should be a big clue! Jennifer Aniston is on the list, but her two female costars on Friends Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow are not. Why?

22 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

They've all been in Playboy.

You wish! 😂 

3 minutes ago, John said:

Josh, would you please PM me the answer? I’m stumped. 

Not yet.

When enough people have figured it out, I will post the answer here. But give them a bit more time!

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

Sigourney Weaver? She may be talented, she may be a great actress, she may have had many awesome roles, and she may even be a good person in real life... but seriously, I never found her especially physically attractive. Not even in her Alien days!

Disagree.  To me, she's always had that rather quiet, understated beauty.  And she's always had fantastic hair, imo.  

Is the answer that all the actresses have voiced an animated character?

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

That's okay, she doesn't need your approval. 

9 minutes ago, SteveMc said:

Disagree.  To me, she's always had that rather quiet, understated beauty.  And she's always had fantastic hair, imo.  

Well, like the saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! To each his own. ;)

9 minutes ago, SteveMc said:

Is the answer that all the actresses have voiced an animated character?

I'm pretty sure Marilyn Monroe has never voiced a cartoon character! :D

44 minutes ago, karelm said:

They've all had prominent rom-com roles.

I had to look up that term what it meant! It sounded like some weird sexual practice! 😂 But okay... romantic comedy...

But no, that's not the answer I'm looking for, although good guess! 

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

They've all been #Metoo-ed for roles?

Sure. Marilyn Monroe in the 60's! 😂 

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

She was beautiful in Gorillas in the Mist.