lairdo

Live stream Feb 10 3 pm EST - Detroit Symphony Orchestra: A John Williams Celebration

Thanks for the update. I tried to capture the audio in the stream, and it shut down my machine! So, I was only able to watch a bit, but I too enjoyed the Oboe Concerto a lot. We just covered the original on our new special (shameless plug - http://theindycast.com/the-magic-of-john-williams-41/), and I too am more and more fond of it. Slatkin all but said that this would be released like the other concerti they have done.

I hope to watch the full concert when it gets to DSO's Replay page in a few days. 

3 hours ago, SteveMc said:

Will it be free?

Alas, unlike the Chicago concert (audio only), they are asking for a $50 minimum donation to reach the entire Replay site and archive. (The donation is tax deductible I think.)

The Book Thief suite was premiered at the Oscar concert if memory serves. Stephane Deneve has conducted it a few times before.

I believe that DSO Replay doesn't includes full concerts but just some pieces from the concerts. They may actually include all the pieces from the concert but not as a single video (at least it was how it was done early on).

2 hours ago, Miguel Andrade said:

I believe that DSO Replay doesn't includes full concerts but just some pieces from the concerts. They may actually include all the pieces from the concert but not as a single video (at least it was how it was done early on).

I went ahead and made the donation, and indeed, I would agree with your assessment at looking at the various videos once I had access. Hopefully they include all of the pieces even if not assembled. I'll report back what I find when they put up whatever they do.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:44 AM, lairdo said:

I went ahead and made the donation, and indeed, I would agree with your assessment at looking at the various videos once I had access. Hopefully they include all of the pieces even if not assembled. I'll report back what I find when they put up whatever they do.

As of 1 week later, nothing on DSO Replay regarding the Williams concert. In fact, nothing from 2019 at all - just 2018 and earlier (so far).

On 2/16/2019 at 1:04 PM, TownerFan said:

Here's the Pre-Concert Talk held the day of the performance by Leonard Slatkin:

Thanks!

Ah yes, I see them now. Searching on Williams brings them all up:

Liberty Fanfare

Pops on the March

Concerto for Oboe

Cowboys Overture

Sayuri's Theme from Memoirs of a Geisha

March from 1941

The Book Thief

Raiders March