Sign in to follow this  
Ricard

'John Williams: Maestro of the Movies' at the Hollywood Bowl, Aug 31 - Sep 2, 2019 (David Newman conducting, John Williams special guest)

August probably conflicts with Episode IX scoring sessions. He might be on doctor's orders to refrain from conducting concerts if he's going to be doing Star Wars sessions at the same time. 

I'm guessing William Ross will handle the more intense action cues on IX as well. Would be nice to know what he actually conducted on TLJ (presumably the action material like Crait and Escape). 

Where was it noted Williams as a special guest? The release I read simply stated it was Williams' music conducted by Newman, which is disappointing from the standpoint of going to see a Stones concert without Mick of Keith. Even if they are sitting and listening with you, still not the same. My travel plans might be altered by this.

I'd missed the part at the bottom where Williams is listed as being there. You'd have to think it will end up like the 80th birthday celebration where Williams picked up the baton for the Imperial March. Much more interested in going again.