Stylotone to release Bernard Herrmann’s Marnie

Ollie

http://www.bernardherrmann.org/events/2019-marnie-super-deluxe/?fbclid=IwAR2ZxX5oHcmdLKh1ib9dxypBG1iGUdBNNvu2lMMeNoG4FtX6zHs2gb96dXk

Well this was one of my grails but unfortunately the shipping and all the extra stuff is gonna put me off from ordering this.

I have no ill will towards Stylotone but it would be nice if they could just release a cd version. I’d even settle for a download version.

I guess Varese’s recording will have to do.

Wait for the prices to go down on Amazon UK like it did with their TWISTED NERVE set which came down to $40 value, was an instant buy for me back then. 

Plus this is just a pre-order deal from the Super Deluxe Edition site. It will likely be available through other avenues some time in April, which appears to be the release month. Shipping rates from other places may be less.

Hmm very interesting. I've never heard of this label before. Are those releases any good? How so they compare to the Intrada/LLL.

It's £4 shipping here. Might snatch a copy.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. I just did. £43.99 isn't really any more expensive than any other purchase from an overseas boutique label.

Karol

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Boy that's some elaborate packaging.

Do you listen to this much?  What did you do with all that other stuff?

18 hours ago, Jay said:

Boy that's some elaborate packaging.

Do you listen to this much?  What did you do with all that other stuff?

I listened to it twice. It's a good score. But probably not Herrmann's finest.

As for all the "stuff", I didn't do anything with it. The CD case is with the rest of my music on the shelf. I haven't got anywhere to display the vinyl so it is stored away. I'm not much of a collector packaging person. Music and how it's presented is all that matters to me. And perhaps nice liner notes to go with it. 

Karol