Sign in to follow this  
Ricard

John Williams' 2019 Concert Schedule

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

I'm actually seriously considering Tanglewood this year. After the London drama last year I fear this might be the only way.

Fuck it, I just bought a ticket for Film Night. Williams should be there at least, and hopefully conduct an encore - which might be no less than whatever he'll do at that "On Parade" thingy. Film Night has the more interesting programme, and Williams as host means probably more Williams (even if not conducting) than at the other concert.

Looks like I might have grabbed the final indoor ticket, too. There were three sections listed as available, but one didn't actually offer any free seats, the second one I put in my cart and somehow lost during checkout (well within the time limit), and I finally bought the third one.

Lawn seating is still available though. Join me, @crocodile?

As you said @Jay there is probably no other way we'll see Williams in flesh. It needs to be done. Plus travelling to the US will become much much easier for me in the coming weeks.

Karol

I bought tickets for Tanglewood on Parade for myself and my wife. If anything gets organized for a JWFan meetup around it, we’d be excited to join in. Well, I would, at least. She mostly just indulges my JW fanaticism. :)

We definitely did talk about it in London. Though rather under the presumption that Williams himself would be the conductor. I made up my mind then - I'd have gotten a ticket right away without hesitation if Williams was listed as the conductor. But after last year's events, I'll be happy if everything goes well and he shows up.

2 hours ago, crocodile said:

Shall we make a real trip out of it and buy Hollywood Bowl tickets as well once they're out. It's a week after haha. :lol:

I think one coast shall suffice for my first trip to America.

5 minutes ago, fommes said:

I think I'll wait until the inevitable announcement he'll try to get to Vienna again. Inevitable, surely. (Wasn't this on this bucket list?)

Yes it is! 

On 2/17/2019 at 12:27 PM, fommes said:

I think I'll wait until the inevitable announcement he'll try to get to Vienna again. Inevitable, surely. (Wasn't this on this bucket list?)

I doubt this would happen this year though. Episode IX might be a priority (as well as Abrams's frantic last-minute tweaking, I'm sure) and they wouldn't probably let him travel such long distances around this time. If it does happen though, I'll try to go too of course. 

Karol

In Maurizio's podcast MM said that JW is taking it easy this year with the conducting. If he's not doing Boston you can rest assure he's not doing Vienna.

For those travelling from outside of the US to Tanglewood, I'm honestly curious how you get there by public transport? I tried to work it out last year but gave up, lol. 😁