Jim Bowers Caped Wonder.com 8th Podcast on SUPERMAN THE MOVIE 40th Remastered Anniversary Edition

Amer

Folks, Jim Bowers who runs the Caped Wonder.com  website on the history of the Christopher Reeve Superman Films has just done a podcast with Jay Towers on the release of Superman: The Movie 40th Anniversary Remastered  3CD set. Jim Bowers is also a project consultant on this new set and was also involved in the 2008 FSM Set. Check it out for some unique insight (specifically on the new Fortress of Solitude cue as well as another unreleased snippet on this set) As well as an interesting tease on more Williams upcoming remastered expanded albums.  Last but not least yours truly also gets to chime in this podcast. Enjoy!

Caped Wonder Superman Podcast Episode Eight: First Generation Fans is here, where Jay and Jim share their excitement about the brand-new remastered Superman-The Movie 3-CD soundtrack from La-La Land Records!

https://www.capedwonder.com/?fbclid=IwAR0MR5JxDVhiOxwKuvdkDHu2C93kgqs8t_dEtxinLF6tT0m-m5v0MFA9tmM

http://bit.ly/CapedWonder8

https://capedwonder.com/CapedWonder_podcasts/CW_SUPERMAN_PODCAST_EP8_FEB_19_2019.mp3

Also on Episode #8, Jay and Jim feature an excerpt from Super Fan Amer Zahid’s spoken word about his love for the various Superman-The Movie soundtrack releases over the past 40 years and his excitement for this most recent release from La-La Land Records.Download Amer’s entire audio here:

Download Link: https://www.capedwonder.com/CapedWonder_podcasts/CW_Amer_Superman_Podcast_Ep8.mp3

14 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

Great listen. Loved the tease of more expanded releases from the Maestro coming soon. I had no doubt, but it is nice to hear it officially.

Thanks and yes ofcourse, but in the meantime we have enough releases including this new 3CD set to deep dive and enjoy !!!

4 hours ago, rough cut said:

I hate when people say “It sounds crystal clear - I heard it in the car.”

In the CAR? Maybe not the best place for judging sound quality...

What are you talking about? Mike Matessino has been test playing these albums in his car and everywhere else! :P

Yeah, sure, but not all of us have produced the album. Also, is it reeeeeally the crystal clean sound MM is listening for when he’s driving about Hollywood? Or could it be edits, track list flow, mastering choices, etc etc.

All I am saying is: I think a lot of times, it’s funny to hear people comment on sound quality - it’s good, it’s bad, too much or not enough bass, it sounds thin and so on - and then you find out they’re listening on computer speakers. It’s a bit of a contradiction.

I make the same (dis-)connection between “sound crystal clear” and “in my car”.

I listen to JW while driving too - but not to judge the quality of the recording. I think it sort of takes the edge of the judgement.

I listened to this podcast episode this morning.  It was nice to hear their description of the new Fortress of Solitude alternate, and how the cut of the film it was written for was very different.  Also it was nice to hear the new I Can Fly alternate, revealing that it was a Williams arrangement we were hearing in Fresh Air from Supes IV all along.  It was also nice to hear @Amer's voice at the end!

Great job everyone!

Thanks Guys and @Jay Jim Bowers was also kind enough to post and host my entire Vocal discussion.I just feel very special being part of this entire event.

Here is the link.  [I hope I didnt make any mistakes here]

Also on Episode #8, Jay and Jim feature an excerpt from Super Fan Amer Zahid’s spoken word about his love for the various Superman-The Movie soundtrack releases over the past 40 years and his excitement for this most recent release from La-La Land Records.Download Amer’s entire audio here.

Download Link: https://www.capedwonder.com/CapedWonder_podcasts/CW_Amer_Superman_Podcast_Ep8.mp3

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

Great listen, though they say that JW only allows MM to remaster his scores from the 90s onwards. If only that were true (Hook).

No, that isn't what they said.  They said Matessino is the only one asked to remaster anything from the 90s and earlier.  Though of course, they surely misspoke, and Matessino would actually be asked to remaster any of his scores. 

2 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Could anyone write down the highlights of the interview? I don't have time to listen to lengthy podcasts 😞

This isn't an interview.  This is a 35 minute podcast episode where two Superman nuts discuss the new LLL release.  Mike doesn't appear here.  Are you thinking of something else?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

No, that isn't what they said.  They said Matessino is the only one asked to remaster anything from the 90s and earlier.  Though of course, they surely misspoke, and Matessino would actually be asked to remaster any of his scores. 

It's possible he mean't that Matessino isn't going to be mastering future original OST releases for scores like Episode IX, People like Pat Sullivan would be handling that.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Maybe.  Or just that none of Williams 2000s or 2010s scores are being expanded any time soon

Harry Potter is 2001-2004! ;)

But I know what you meant. (Not to mention the whole Sony thing)

Towering Inferno, they are probably going to be wanting to get it out there before the Fox window closes.

LLL was also working on JFK IIRC..

Weren't there also rumblings about Amistad? Personally hope Hook made it through with the Sony Music window shutting. Would also love an expanded Born on the Fourth of July 30th Anniversary.