Mr. Manfrenjensenden

Ludwig Goransson talks about John Williams in Vanity Fair

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I wonder if this will be a traditional, orchestral score, or something more experimental like Black Panther.

While it will depend on the direction the production want him to take, I think it's just so nice to know that we have a composer who's talented and skilled enough that can do both.

Surprised he got the gig without really even meeting Williams. I wonder if Williams will listen to his music as part of the scoring process? Presumably it'll be an LA record. 

As the article/interview and others last year point out, it was well researched, with a handful of culturally interesting rhythms, instruments, performers.  I think it was pretty effective as a score, and a high-point for the MCU, at any rate.  I think I ranked it my #2 score of last year. 

Not particularly experimental, though.

Yes it was very effective in the film, and the fact it used African performers, instruments, and rhythms is neat.  But that doesn't make it experimental, really the exact opposite!