The Boston Pops On Tour - Austin TX, March 24th

Dr. Rick

I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere else and it's happening in my own backyard!  The Maestro himself will unfortunately not be in attendance but I plan on going!

https://thelongcenter.org/event/boston-pops-orchestra/

The Long Center and KMFA present The Boston Pops On Tour with Keith Lockhart (Conductor), Sunday, March 24, 2019 in Dell Hall.

“…the best-known, most recorded and arguably most popular orchestra in the United States.” —The New York Times

Journey with conductor Keith Lockhart and “America’s Orchestra” through the magical film music of legendary composer John Williams. Boston Pops is the most recorded and arguably the most beloved orchestra in the country. March 24, the orchestra will celebrate the music and career of Williams, who succeeded Pops’ original conductor Arthur Fiedler in 1980, in addition to his Hollywood fame.

Still today, with countless Academy Awards and nominations under his belt, Williams is a living legend having continued the orchestra’s prolific recording tradition with a series of bestselling albums, broadened and updated the Pops repertoire, and entertained audiences with live orchestral accompaniment to film clips of memorable movie scenes—many of which featured iconic music from his own film scores and bringing a bit of Hollywood to the stage with appearances by Steven Spielberg, Darth Vader, and the like.

• Contact our Group Sales department for information on discounts for groups of 10 or more.
  • All patrons, regardless of age, require a ticket to attend the performance.

Questions? Call the 3M Box Office at (512) 474-LONG (5664), TTY (800) 735-2989.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...