The Mummy vs The Wind and the Lion vs The Ghost and the Darkness

Fabulin

The Mummy vs The Wind and the Lion vs The Ghost and the Darkness  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which score is the best of the three?

• The Mummy
    • The Wind and the Lion
    • The Ghost and the Darkness
  2. 2. Which score is the second best?

• The Mummy
    • The Wind and the Lion
    • The Ghost and the Darkness
  3. 3. Have you seen all three movies?

1 hour ago, Richard said:

PLANET OF THE APES is Goldsmith's masterpiece. It was so far ahead of the curve. It still is.

Love it, yes!

57 minutes ago, Richard said:

Hell, yeah! It's darkly funny.

YES!

People have Harry Potter on the brain. It's like how Disney infected kids of the 90s and cultivated a generation of loyal foot soldiers. And JK Rowling and Warner Bros did the same to the kids of the 2000s. Different studios and demagogues, same goal.

Now let's watch some Star Trek.

Goldsmith did a suite of WatL which is curiously one of his most-performed works (at least 5 versions are on YT). All three scores would profit from such treatment and would be showstoppers in film music concerts.

3 hours ago, publicist said:

Goldsmith did a suite of WatL which is curiously one of his most-performed works (at least 5 versions are on YT). All three scores would profit from such treatment and would be showstoppers in film music concerts.

There is a suite of The Mummy, but that one sounds way too fragmented. I find it awful to listen to.

Masada would just need Main Title, Move On and The Slaves played back to back and that'd be the perfect suite.

Anyone else hate that the Mummy ride replaced the King Kong ride but enjoy the screen at the end where Brendan Fraser screams about coffee? It's the last time I ever saw him in anything.

2 hours ago, Ghostbusters II said:

Anyone else hate that the Mummy ride replaced the King Kong ride but enjoy the screen at the end where Brendan Fraser screams about coffee? It's the last time I ever saw him in anything.

I was at both in California but man, the Mummy one was lame. Nothing really happened.

52 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Where's Congo?

In Central Africa.

6 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Yes. BTW, I particularly dislike the performance on that set (the rest of the set is divine).

What in particular do you dislike?