John

Junkie XL’s TERMINATOR: DARK FATE (2019)

Junkie XL to compose score for TERMINATOR: DARK FATE.

Composer Tom Holkenborg, aka Junkie XL, will score Terminator: Dark Fate, the upcoming Terminator sequel that brings series creator James Cameron back as a producer for the first time since 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

The film is from director Tim Miller, who collaborated with Holkenborg on 2016's Deadpool.

"It's great to be working on another project with Tim," Holkenborg said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "The original Terminators were such iconic movies, and having James back as a producer with Tim directing is an amazing dream team. It's going to be a fantastic movie to be part of."

Holkenborg's scoring credits include Mad Max: Fury Road, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, The Dark Tower, the most recent Tomb Raider movie and Alita: Battle Angel.

2 hours ago, Thor said:

I also get an 'energy boost' every time I see him attached to an exciting and fitting project!

Wait, really? Junkie? What would you say his best scores are?

2 hours ago, El Jefe said:

Don’t really care about this news.

Fair enough.

2 hours ago, El Jefe said:

the series stopped after T2 as far as I’m concerned.

Hold up. You know that this film is a sequel to T1-2 that completely ignores all the other films, right? What more could the producers do to make you care? It's like they made this new one just for you!

6 hours ago, Thor said:

Brilliant choice, if you ask me. I hope he goes back to the all-electronic roots; if so, JXL is the right man for the job.

I agree!

Make it a modern electronic score. 

7 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

Wait, really? Junkie? What would you say his best scores are?

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD, BRIMSTONE, DEADPOOL and DISTANCE BETWEEN DREAMS (my favourite so far).

But I really liked a lot of ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL and MORTAL ENGINES.

Great bits and pieces scattered across other scores. Been a fan ever since the "A Little Less Conversation" remix in 2004. But this particular film assignment is probably the best cast so far!

17 hours ago, Thor said:

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD, BRIMSTONE, DEADPOOL and DISTANCE BETWEEN DREAMS (my favourite so far).

But I really liked a lot of ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL and MORTAL ENGINES.

Great bits and pieces scattered across other scores. Been a fan ever since the "A Little Less Conversation" remix in 2004. But this particular film assignment is probably the best cast so far!

Huh, I'll have to give some of those a spin!

This does seem right up Junkie's alley.

Also, the actress from Halt and Catch Fire (which was a great show) is perfect for a movie like this.  I hope this is good.  It probably won't be.