The End of Hook

jwb1

Maybe you will be as surprised as I was. Listen to the whole thing. The full version of The End of Hook and in amazing sound!

LINK REMOVED BY THE MODERATOR

07 - You may embed videos of - or include a link to sites that stream - copyrighted material. However, links to sites where copyrighted material can be illegally downloaded are not allowed. You may link to legal streaming/download sites or to places where people can listen to your own compositions or recordings, for example.

Yeah yeah, I'm not sharing the whole score here obviously. And I own both the original Hook and La La releases and would gladly buy it again if this was there! I'm just honestly curious if any experts know about it the missing music here!

It's just beyond belief that the LLL doesn't contain that music just because the source would have to a bloody, ruddy, cursed, damned BOOTLEG! Get over it already and include it all.

aren't some ways that are allowed like You Tube or certain cloud drives?

Some links aren't removed when people share stuff  but it's not clear to me

This thread gave me a heart attack! I thought it was confirmation from LLL that Hook wasn't one of their two Sony titles that escaped the third party licensing ban. 

I still hold out (an increasing slim) hope that Mike already discovered the tapes and was in production of a fixed version of this score before Sony made their decision. 

6 hours ago, Incanus said:

Alas no matter how awesome the actual full version of the End of Hook is (IT IS!), you can't post download link here to copyrighted material.

I really wish that some day Mike Matessino can hunt down all the tapes for Hook for the definitive presentation of the score and release it in its full glory. Neverfeast, Ultimate War etc. in full form and inserts added and the complete 15 minute Remembering Childhood presented full and in sequence.

As long as they leave Banning Back Home out of the main presentation of the score. ;) 

1 hour ago, King Mark said:

aren't some ways that are allowed like You Tube or certain cloud drives?

Some links aren't removed when people share stuff  but it's not clear to me

You can't download from YouTube (at least without knowing how) and I think that's a crucial factor.

It's not, but you can't do it out of the box. Same goes with places like Soundcloud - it's doable but no via a big 'download' button.

Essentially, all the downloading 'techniques' are the biggest elephant in the room when it comes to streaming sites.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

This thread gave me a heart attack! I thought it was confirmation from LLL that Hook wasn't one of their two Sony titles that escaped the third party licensing ban. 

I still hold out (an increasing slim) hope that Mike already discovered the tapes and was in production of a fixed version of this score before Sony made their decision. 

Or isn't it convenient that a new source is leaked out? Maybe because they knew this was the only way.
What I have, I'm not sure if what others have, has everything missing and sounds better than the LLL release.

Labels have used iffy sources mixed with legit sources. Look at Intrada. Hocus Pocus had the Parker song there which you could tell was heavily edited and adjusted but was basically from a mixed source track as you can hear sound effects low in the background.

25 minutes ago, jwb1 said:

Or isn't it convenient that a new source is leaked out? Maybe because they knew this was the only way.
What I have, I'm not sure if what others have, has everything missing and sounds better than the LLL release.

I have no idea exactly what you have but I doubt it's anything more than the bootleg which was already floating around in 2012 and had all the music which LLL had to resort to film stems for.

There was a lingering question about some music from Farewell Neverland used in a recent podcast (can't remember which one) which sounded vastly superior to the LLL 2012 version of the same track. It's unclear where that was sourced from...

unless it's leaked in lossless now?

The 2012 boot  was 320kbps .Still sounded fantastic but I'd rather have a true lossess version of it

38 minutes ago, jwb1 said:

the 2012 boot didn't have the Never Feast insert (Cornocupia  insert)

17 minutes ago, King Mark said:

unless it's leaked in lossless now?

The 2012 boot  was 320kbps .Still sounded fantastic but I'd rather have a true lossess version of it

the 2012 boot didn't have the Never Feast insert (Cornocupia  insert)

This has Cornocupia. All tracks are in M title format and FLAC.

I didn't think sharing one track was that bad. I see it was removed. Well, at least it can be discussed!

There is new detail in many of the tracks, especially the end battle / final music.

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

Yes and yes!

49 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I have no idea exactly what you have but I doubt it's anything more than the bootleg which was already floating around in 2012 and had all the music which LLL had to resort to film stems for.

There was a lingering question about some music from Farewell Neverland used in a recent podcast (can't remember which one) which sounded vastly superior to the LLL 2012 version of the same track. It's unclear where that was sourced from...

Some FSMer keeps claiming that new element have been found.

20 minutes ago, jwb1 said:

This has Cornocupia. All tracks are in M title format and FLAC.

That's one insert that never leaked in the same level of quality as other cues, so I'd be really curious about just how clean it sounds now. All other bootlegs of that cue sound a bit tinny to my ears, perhaps even the wrong speed.

4 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

It makes sense, thinking about it. Just last year Sony went to the trouble to scan the film in 4K and uncovered a stack of deleted scenes in the process (even if a lot of deleted footage remains unreleased).

Did they remix the film for Dolby Atmos? Then things really start to make sense, as they would surely have required superior elements for the score than the existing film stems. I don't have the 4K so I can't really judge whether some of the music edits sound a bit cleaner or anything (which would indicate they assembled the score from the original masters).

15 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Yes and yes!

I did not come here for fame or fortune.

New sources can come to light at anytime. Everyone here should know this obviously look at Superman and Dracula!

3 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I bet this just comes from the edit uploaded to the temple.

Not sure what the temple is. But I don't much care where it comes from. All I care is it sounds better than ever.

It is really revealing to hear the complete crystal-clear Ultimate War. The LLL release is really fucked up at times. Some cues have missing endings, in order to be connected with the following cue. Weird edit decisions that imitate the film version, but without musical sense, etc.

You can easily create a definitive presentation with that material, which may become necessary if Sony closes the doors, before LLL is able to produce a new release.

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

It is really revealing to hear the complete crystal-clear Ultimate War. The LLL release is really fucked up at times. Some cues have missing endings, in order to be connected with the following cue. Weird edit decisions that imitate the film version, but without musical sense, etc.

You can easily create a definitive presentation with that material, which may become necessary if Sony closes the doors, before LLL is able to produce a new release.

It really does sound fantastic now. And there are tiny bits that were either missing or edited out back in now.

I would totally buy this again. But I think this is as definite as it will get.

9 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

So does your edition have the cornucopia insert seperately, since you can't provide a tracklist?

It is the entire cue with it, the cue is titled Cornucopia. I am simply too lazy to type out the entire track list! :D

Just now, bollemanneke said:

There are ways to generate them automatically. If it's the entire cue, I'm even more convinced you have an edit made using different sources.

Well the LLL release was different sources too, friend. lol.

I don't have a source for what I have. But I can tell you it sounds better than anything else available. A few others can now attest to this.

55 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

So does your edition have the cornucopia insert seperately, since you can't provide a tracklist?

1. Hook Trailer
  2. 1m1-3 Piano Intro - We Don't Wanna Grow Up
  3. 1m4 Yuppie SOunds
  4. 2m1 Wendy's Entrance
  5. 2m2 The Bedroom
  6. 3m1 The Nursery Scene
  7. 3m2 Saying Goodnight
  8. 3m3 Hook Returns to Kensington
  9. 4m1 Hook Is Back
  10. 4m2 Forgotten How to Fly
  11. 4m3 Looney Wendy (Part 1)
  12. 4m3 Looney Wendy (Part 2)
  13. 4m4 The Arrival of Tink
  14. 4m5-5m1 I Don't Believe in Fairies (Part 1)
  15. 4m5-5m1 I Don't Believe in Fairies (Part 2)
  16. 5m2 Arrival at Neverland
  17. 5m3 Slicing the Hand
  18. 5m4 I'll Take Those Shoes
  19. 5m5 Show Us Your Hook
  20. 5m6-6m1 Hook's Entrance
  21. 6m2 Draw Your Sword
  22. 6m3 Hoist the Kiddies
  23. 6m4 Tink Strikes a Deal
  24. 6m5-7m1 The Mermaids
  25. 7m2 To Neverland
  26. 7m3 The Lost Boys Appear
  27. 7m4 Enter Rufio
  28. 7m5 The Lost Boys ballet
  29. 7m6-8m1 The Face of Pan
  30. 8m2 Don't Try to Stop Me Smee!
  31. 8m3 Smee Steals the Show
  32. 8m4 Believe Your Eyes
  33. 8m4ab More Never Band
  34. 8m6 Hook Lessons
  35. 9m3 The Banquet
  36. 9m4 Cornucopia
  37. 9m5 Cutting the Coconut
  38. 10m1 When You're Alone
  39. 10m2 Stop That Clock!!
  40. 11m1 The Home Run
  41. 11m2-12m1 Follow That Shadow
  42. 12m2 I Remember
  43. 12m3 The Flying Sequence
  44. 12m4 You Are the Pan
  45. 14m1 Tink Grows Up
  46. 13m2 To War
  47. 13m3 Crossed Swords
  48. 13m4-14m1 Form Ranks
  49. 14m2 Daddy Is Peter Pan
  50. 14m3 Death of Rufio
  51. 14m4 The Sword Fight
  52. 14m5-15m1 Winning by a Hair
  53. 15m2 The End of Hook
  54. 15m3 My Lost Boys
  55. 15m4 The Next Morning
  56. 15m5-16m1 Kensington Gardens
  57. 16m2 End Credits
  58. 16m3 Exit Music
  59. 1m0 Hook Trailer (Alternate)
  60. 1m4 Yuppie Sounds (Album Version)
  61. 4m3 Looney Wendy (Part 1 Alternate)
  62. 4m4 Arrival of Tink (Alternate Ending)
  63. 5m2 Arrival of Tink (Alternate Ending)
  64. 5m6-6m1 Hook's Entrance (Alternate Take)
  65. 10m311m1a Take Me Out to the Ball Game (Source)
  66. Hook Hook Hook (Source Chant)

Everything sound excellent, except the Cornucopia insert which is very muffled. MM would probably reduce the background noises that are audible, more than we're used to on official releases.

29 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Right, but that's still a faneedit that's missing Pick'em UP, correct? Nothing spectacularly new...

How can you say it isn't new when it has better sound than, especially in the end battle stuff even over the "official" LLL release? And missing bits as well cut out!

The labels are just glorified fan edits. Hook sounds remarkably bad in many places on the LLL release. You seem to have a stigma to leaked stuff , even if its actually better.

And IMHO, Cornucopia sounds better than it EVER has in anything previous leaked.

Really it sounds like people will always complain.

1 hour ago, jwb1 said:

And IMHO, Cornucopia sounds better than it EVER has in anything previous leaked.

Maybe better, but still bad.

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

Right, but that's still a faneedit that's missing Pick'em UP, correct?

What exactly is this?

9 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Right, but that's still a faneedit that's missing Pick'em UP, correct? Nothing spectacularly new...

7 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

What exactly is this?

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:34 PM, jwb1 said:

The full version of The End of Hook and in amazing sound!

I find it a bit too sharp.

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

I would have said the opposite, that it tends to be too beefed up in the lower frequencies.

Ignore my post--it was a "botched joke," to quote John Kerry. 

I've created a complete score program that contains every relevant bit of the score, except the Cornucopia insert, because it doesn't sound good.

image.png

1. Prologue 1:27

2. We Don‘t Wanna Grow Up 1:54

3. Banning Back Home 3:16

4. Granny Wendy 2:16

5. The Bedroom 1:11

6. The Nursery / The Watch 2:35

7. Hook Returns to Kensington 2:03

8. Hook-Napped 2:11

9. Forgotten How to Fly 0:56

10. Wendy Tells Peter the Truth 2:25

11. The Arrival of Tink / The Flight to Neverland 6:11

12. Arrival at Neverland / Presenting the Hook 5:11

13. Hook‘s Entrance 2:42

14. Hook Challenges Peter / Tink Strikes a Deal 7:54

15. From Mermaids to Lost Boys / Enter Rufio 5:50

16. The Lost Boy Chase 3:36

17. The Face of Pan 2:45

18. Don‘t Try to Stop Me 2:19

19. Smee‘s Plan 1:48

20. Believe Your Eyes / Pan Is Challenged 3:02

21. Hook‘s Lesson 3:10

22. The Banquet 3:26

23. The Never-Feast 4:44

24. When You‘re Alone 3:17

25. Stop That Clock! 4:04

26. Remembering Childhood 13:38

27. You Are the Pan 1:28

28. Tink Grows Up 2:23

29. The Ultimate War 19:09

30. Farewell Neverland 10:21

31. End Credits 6:24

32. Bonus Tracks: Prologue (Alternate) 1:36

33. Banning Back Home (Album Version) 2:25

34. Looney Wendy 1:10

35. The Arrival of Tink (Alternate Insert) 3:34

36. Arrival at Neverland (Alternate) 1:00

37. Take Me Out to the Ball Game (Source) 0:58

I'm quite sure that all 8 cues from The Ultimate War were intended to be one single piece and the 4 cues from Remembering Childhood as well. I don't think that Rufio should be connected with From Mermaids to Lost Boys. But I'm not sure about Arrival at Neverland and Presenting the Hook. Should the cues "I'll Take Those Shoes" and "Show Me the Hook" be connected?

14 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Should the cues "I'll Take Those Shoes" and "Show Me the Hook" be connected?

Yes. I’ll Take Those Shoes is intended to segue directly into Show Us Your Hook. The last note of one cue overlaps with the first note of the next cue.

Also, I believe the end of The Flying Sequence is intended to segue directly into the start of You Are the Pan.