AOTC Expanded release

Anyhow, there are no plans for an "ultimate edition" of AOTC according to Sony Classical (I don`t know if those plans existed a year before the UE of TPM either, so we shan`t be too sure, but let´s say there won`t be).

Are anyone out there in need of an AOTC expanded release??

If so, do you all agree with me that you would want a version like the AOTC soundtrack, but much longer and with ALL new music composed for the film included?

:!:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They would not tell us they are planning to release an expanded version because they want us all to buy the current one disc release.

Are anyone out there in need of an AOTC expanded release??

:!:

I'd buy it of course,but i don't feel the "need" for one as much as the other Star Wars scores.I'll repeat again that whatever unreleased music I heard wasn't really all that interesting(except maybe the scene in the Lars farm where Anakin tells Padme he killed all the Tuscan Raiders and the Yoda lightsaber fight).

And as for the actual c.d. out right now,it's to me the weakest of all of the Star Wars scores by far.The love theme rubs me the wrong way ever since I first heard it and even after seeing the movie 3 times,and it's all over the place,and all the chase music is boring...so what's left?....the little bits here and there of music composed for the previous movies(Force Theme,Imperial March,Emperor's theme,Yoda's theme,DotF and The Trade Federation March),some of which get very good renditions,but were talking 30 seconds bits scattered through out the movie.

K.M.Basically saying what JoeinAr says for the scores to Hook and Last Crusade.

KM and I usually see eye to eye, but not on AOTC. I love it.

I love all that chase music and such. Great stuff. :)

The Tatooine Tusken Camp sequence alone was worth the 3 year wait between SW films (both the film and the score)... :twisted:

-Chris, Who had the sickest smile on his face when the Tuskens were butchered :twisted:, but also left wondering... why did Tuskens kidnap and torture Shmi to death?

In fact, I am interested by 3 albums for each movie :

- a commercial release like we know.

- an edition with music mixed like we can hear it in the movie (like TPM UE).

- a complete edition, containing each music recorded by the composer (like AI Oscar Promo).