ALIEN VS. Star Trek the Motion Picture

JoeinAR

Which is the best among Alien and Star Trek the Motion Picture  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best score? ALIEN or Star Trek The Motion Picture? JG vs. JG

• ALIEN
    • Star Trek The Motion Picture

Ha, ha. Not even a competition. ALIEN all the way. In fact, I can safely say that ALIEN will win almost anything it's pitted against, unless it's its sequel or JURASSIC PARK -- in which case I really have to ponder long and hard.

But TMP is a great score. People hate the languid tempo of certain scenes, but I love it. Allows time for just music and visuals to communicate on their own.

56 minutes ago, Thor said:

Ha, ha. Not even a competition. ALIEN all the way. In fact, I can safely say that ALIEN will win almost anything it's pitted against, unless it's its sequel or JURASSIC PARK -- in which case I really have to ponder long and hard.

But TMP is a great score. People hate the languid tempo of certain scenes, but I love it. Allows time for just music and visuals to communicate on their own.

I listened to the original Alien LP recently. Horrible sound quality, it sounded like it'd been played a thousand times. Nice music though.

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Alien, by a wide margin.

You don't  even really know the two score that well while some of us have been digesting both scores for nearly 40 years. 

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You're good at being wrong.

I am absolutely correct. 

Brundlefly I cant help it if you haven't the ball to express yourself like a man. You stupidly mistake loud for confidence. You should try to gain some.

9 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

I am absolutely correct. 

Brundlefly I cant help it if you haven't the ball to express yourself like a man. You stupidly mistake loud for confidence. You should try to gain some.

I've owned both OSTs for decades, schmuck.

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Joe is just grumpy cause he's got no eyebrows. Never trust a man with no eyebrows.

never trust a man who has enough eyebrows to share