Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker TEASER Discussion

Jay

1 minute ago, W0$ said:

The saga ended in 1983.

Everything since has been Spaceballs 2: the search for more money. 

Pretty much

I think a twist relation would be lame - too many of those in the OT.  It’ll probably be something like Rey to Kylo “You May have Skywalker blood but you are no Skywalker.” And then proving her worthiness.

2 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Just remembered: Rose doesn't seem to be in this at all!

The teaser or the movie?  She's not in the teaser, but she is in the movie

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2470260/check-out-the--brand-new-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-stills-shared-at-star-wars-celebration

Oh, of course she is. Its just a brief teaser: I'm not really drawing anything conclusive about the film, which I'm sure is still very much in flux anyway.

Just point out an interesting observation is all.

5 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

She's a side character to the side character. Why would she?

It seems to me that she's intended to become part of the main cast. She's certainly more important to the story than, say, Hux ever really was.

2 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

It seems to me that she's intended to become part of the main cast. She's certainly more important to the story than, say, Hux ever really was.

HOW?!?

She had a storyline all to her own in the last film. Not a good one, to be sure, but still.

3 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

I just realized that the car that tried to run Rey over was Kylo's...

I call dream sequence/vision!

J.J knows how bad of a character Rose was and clearly wants nothing to do with her. He'll likely just drop her off on a planet somewhere and let the main characters do the major stuff.

5 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

She had a storyline all to her own in the last film. Not a good one, to be sure, but still.

Screen time doesn't equal importance to the story. Her story was she likes animals.

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

(For those of us who liked it, four people hating on it kills any conversation)

If you want to talk to someone who only shares your exact point of view, then I suggest talking to a mirror.

1 minute ago, mstrox said:

(For those of us who liked it, four people hating on it kills any conversation)

So say something positive instead of complaining about other people talking. Jesus.

Here's the only positive comments about the teaser I could find in this thread

3 hours ago, Romão said:

Cool teaser

3 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I liked the desert segment in the beginning of the teaser.

3 hours ago, Fabulin said:

The trailer looks better than I expected.

Nice to see something like the TIE Crawler 

I adore Palpatine's (McDiarmid's) involvement

3 hours ago, Fargo said:

I'm digging the way Poe is dressed. Got some Indiana Jones vibes from him.

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Looks like a good time.  Bring on December.

3 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Great teaser

3 hours ago, Quintus said:

Watched the trailer, loved it, especially the beginning part in the desert. Loved the trailerfied defilement of Williams' classic themes, I had a grin on my head when I heard what they did to Leia's theme, it made the hairs on my arms stand up. I like the title, this movie looks really good! 

2 hours ago, Thor said:

It's a nice teaser. Looking forward it. 

1 hour ago, leeallen01 said:

The teaser was visually interesting

46 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

Awesome first look at the conclusion of Star Wars. I have been a fan of Star Wars since I saw Episode IV: A New Hope on VHS when I was six or seven years old. Star Wars is my favorite franchise. The story, the characters, the Maestro’s music. I own the first eight chapters of the Skywalker Saga, the entire set of The Clone Wars (until season 7 premieres with the launch of Disney+, in which I will subscribe to catch that), Solo, Rebels and Rogue One. I am really looking forward to catching The Mandalorian on Disney+. Seeing the entire saga thus far, it will be really exciting to see the final chapter play out in Episode IX:  The Rise of Skywalker. I was genuinely shocked at hearing the unmistakable laugh of Palpatine at the end of the teaser, so I am really looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. The title is appropriately cryptic. Looking forward to it.

Star Wars

Terminator

Star Trek

Jurassic Park

Ghostbusters

Alien

Etc etc. We've all been lucky to live long enough to see all our favourite franchises destroyed.

So this is how creativity dies. With thunderous applause.

So who thinks they will retcon 'the chosen one' prophecy and make Rey the true chosen one and not Vader?

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Oh my days do you ever stop whinging 😂

It's fun to watch a dumpster fire burn.

29 minutes ago, Will said:

I like the title, and liked the trailer overall. The beginning of the trailer was boring and overlong, and the ending laugh was unbearably cringeworthy, but the middle segment was so strong it largely makes up for those defects imho. :)

Hammy McDiarmid is pretty much the most ludicrously fun thing to ever grace our screens :D.  I was so excited when I heard that laugh.  Bring on too muchness!

I really liked that trailer, and I'm sure the title will make sense in time, even though it isn't the obvious choice initially.

Thank goodness we have the Discord, a haven away from the negativity and hostility of these forums. I'll be ignoring these threads for the next eight months I think.

Looks as blandly inoffensive and mildly entertaining as the other two.

14 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Thank goodness we have the Discord, a haven away from the negativity and hostility of these forums. I'll be ignoring these threads for the next eight months I think.

My sweet summer poster.  If you can survive the Long Night of Star Wars, you'll be a true JWFan.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

She'll be in the movie the way Jar Jar was in ROTS.  Just a few reaction shots as action is happening.  If she has any dialog, it will be like "oh no!" or "whew".