Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker TEASER Discussion

Jay

4 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

Are you a russian bot?

Obviously, no. That is the weirdest question I ever read.

I liked the teaser. Definitely a tease for the main trailer next fall -- I expect we'll get a better glimpse of the storyline and the new characters then. Palpatine's return is definitely intriguing.

The Rise of Skywalker is cryptic, but I wish Abrams had gone for a singular word to signify the finale's significance. You know, like Avengers: Endgame.

21 minutes ago, Matt C said:

The Rise of Skywalker is cryptic, but I wish Abrams had gone for a singular word to signify the finale's significance. You know, like Avengers: Endgame.

Rey is Luke's daughter after all .Kylo Ren lied

9 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

Rey doing a Matrix jump was terrible. Do we need to make her more into an untouchable mary sue superhero?

Yes. Newer generations are no longer impressed with the old Ben and Vader duel of 1977. They are constantly watching impossible feats in other movies so Star Wars can't stay behind. But now that you mention it, that desert bit did look somewhat Snyder-esque, didn't it? No wonder I liked it!

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

The only dumpster fire on JWFan is the hostile negativity pervading these threads, where enjoying or being positive about something is drowned out by antagonistic cynicism.

People can actually separate the fact that movies are made (first and foremost) to be profitable. Likewise, that filmmakers also strive to make them entertaining for fans who enjoy the escapism the series provides.

It never ceases to amaze me how posters, who proclaim their disdain for these new films ad nauseam, feel so compelled to relentlessly promote their opinions and ruin discussion by those who actually enjoy them. It's no wonder so many good posters have migrated to the Discord where you can actually have civil discussions on topics without the onslaught of vacuous negativity.

show-me-on-thisdoll-where-the-internet-hurt-you-imgflip-com-34848232.png

For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. 

But it only takes one generation for that term to become extinct and be replaced by the family name of its last hero. 

11 hours ago, King Mark said:

not true.

I'd rather see new movies in all those franchises than another bland superhero movie

Idiotic ramblings of a drunken dentist?

11 hours ago, King Mark said:

not true.

I'd rather see new movies in all those franchises than another bland superhero movie

Disney is using those bland superhero movies to build an entertainment empire, but you don't need to spend your hard earned dentist money on any of it. 

So considering speculation is always fun, is that location with the death star piece actually the Endor moon? Like another area of it that isn't forest. It can't be Death star 1 because even though Yavin 4 was close when it was destroyed, that deathstar has no connection to Palpatine's death. So it would be logical to assume it's death star 2. It's a bit weird that the destruction of both death stars show them being completely vapourised, so a little retconning happening in order to have a significant piece to stay intact.

Also the trailer shows Kylo repairing his helmet with parts of Vader's helmet. So perhaps when Kylo was on Endor retrieving it from the funeral pyre, he was drawn to the death star rubble by the emperor and interracted with Palpatine etc. 

That could be an interesting thing to explore. Maybe Kylo is going to be revealed to have been good all along, and was just 'corrupted' by the evil spirit of the Emperor. 

Or maybe I need to get a life.

What if Poe is a lightsaber, and the lightsaber represents my crushing depression?

10 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Star Wars is back!

Star Wars is never truly gone. It's about family. And that's what's so powerful about it.