Shazam John Williams credit?

King Mark

King Mark, there's just a hint of Williams' music right at the very end as a certain superhero shows up with Shazam at the school lunch.  I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned it on here yet, unless I just missed it somewhere.  :)

I thought I'd heard it in that last scene, but it was over so quick I couldn't be sure if it was just my imagination, so it's neat to read that it was indeed the case.

On 4/13/2019 at 4:40 AM, tranders65 said:

King Mark, there's just a hint of Williams' music right at the very end as a certain superhero shows up with Shazam at the school lunch.  I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned it on here yet, unless I just missed it somewhere.  :)

Haven't seen the film yet....was it Henry cavill?

Thank god.

12 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Henry Cavill was supposed to be in it, but never filmed the scene. In the film you don’t see his face.

12 hours ago, dougie said:

Well Elfman reprised the Williams theme so I guess it's the official theme again?

where ?

13 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

you see him from the neck down

It never gets a full iteration.  Elfman also reprises his 1989 Batman theme, but even that kind of gets short shrift (both make sense to me, as within the rest of the score as written, those two "jolly" marches don't make a lot of stylistic sense and would be pretty jarring).

44 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

The 89 Batman theme is jolly?

Ask Hansy boy!

https://www.soundtrack.net/content/article/?id=256

You wrote a theme for the first one that had never been used, that you said in an interview you saved for sequel. Did you get to use it this time?

HZ: It\'s in, twice.

JNH: Do your theme speech. Because I think it\'s really good.

HZ: It\'s something that occurred to me. I have a feeling that out there in the world, there are people waiting for James and me to "come to our senses" and stop this dark nonsense with the iconic two-note thing and write a happy jolly theme like the old Batman. You know, like the Danny Elfman one. It ain\'t gonna happen. Because this is not the world we\'re in. This is not the character we\'re doing. It\'s not the movies we\'re doing. They just need to get over that. For our Batman, it would just be wrong.

JNH: It would give you too much information about this character, which is not true. It would be misinformation. When you assign a heroic theme to something, some kind of a tune, you\'re giving away a lot of information that may or may not be true about this guy. We still don\'t really know who Batman is yet. Very complex, he\'s constantly evolving that character. He doesn\'t know who he is. We feel that it\'s much stronger to say less, musically, about him and let his character sort of speak for himself.

The Superman theme in Justice League was not hidden... Didn’t you see the movie? It’s right there! It’s just not as blatantly used as it is in the Reeve movies. Harder then to pick up Batman ‘89.

Overall, I thought they were small, but noticeable, references and well managed. (Although, I personally wouldn’t have minded if Elfman had leaned harder into both classic themes.)

I don’t at all agree that the statement that the “Justice League score was atrocious and the fucked up rendition of the JW theme was just a completely out of place easter egg.

The JW reference in Shazam is, if anything, obvious. Superman walks on screen. The fanfare plays. The scene brought the JW theme back in a way that told the audience it was not ashamed of using it. Nothing “warped” about it, as perhaps it was in JL. It put a big smile on my face!

8 hours ago, rough cut said:

The Superman theme in Justice League was not hidden... Didn’t you see the movie? It’s right there! It’s just not as blatantly used as it is in the Reeve movies. Harder then to pick up Batman ‘89.

Overall, I thought they were small, but noticeable, references and well managed. (Although, I personally wouldn’t have minded if Elfman had leaned harder into both classic themes.)

I don’t at all agree that the statement that the “Justice League score was atrocious and the fucked up rendition of the JW theme was just a completely out of place easter egg.

The JW reference in Shazam is, if anything, obvious. Superman walks on screen. The fanfare plays. The scene brought the JW theme back in a way that told the audience it was not ashamed of using it. Nothing “warped” about it, as perhaps it was in JL. It put a big smile on my face!

Yeah, not sure I got the Justice League "hidden" reference either - heck, the "Friends and Foes" cue from that soundtrack literally starts with the Superman fanfare and then it plays again in there at least one more time.