Sony reissues Bernstein's Ghostbusters score

I'd love to buy it, but $33 seems a bit much for me to want to potentially wait weeks to see if the mix on the track is actually different from the VS release (especially given the lack of information on if it's the same cue content wise). Not to mention the definite snake oil that is Blu-specCD2 (though I'm told the master usually is the same as the regular CD, so I suppose at least it isn't MQA). Still, given I do actually like 2019 release, I imagine this would be a good purchase, regardless of what the bonus track ends up being.

Also, around last October/November, I actually did some comparisons between both VS and Sony releases (plus bits from the Lincoln boot), and would like to eventually make a comprehensive post. Certainly would need to give it a second go though, since I've gotten much nicer equipment since, so I could be much better with my comparisons and overall analysis.

Unfortunately I can only find 45 second sound samples of the beginning of the track, but it’s the same, content wise, at least at the beginning.

I was satisfied with the VS Club release, so between the two I have enough music.

I found the samples you're referring to. Given how heavily compressed it is, I find it hard to tell from the brief amount if the sound is any different from the VS release. The mix compression certainly is similar, but without the rest of it, I can't tell if any of the other Sony mix adjustments have been applied here. It's certainly given me more of an incentive to buy the release (assuming someone elsewhere doesn't decide to get it first), so I'll see how that goes soon.

In any case, I've started to write down the comparisons and notes into a document, so hopefully I'll finish that sooner than later (unless I do buy the JPN CD, in which I'd probably have to wait for that first).

Finally went ahead and bought it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363358281607

While I imagine the website that was linked here is a trustworthy one, the lack of a definitive time table for when it'd get here did bother me. I find it a bit strange that a lot of the listings don't show the bonus cue in the tracklist, but I doubt there exists two JPN pressings with and without it. In any case, it was only an extra dollar, and it's from a seller I've bought from in the past, so I trust it'll be handled well and get here within the time they alloted.