Absolutely obsessed with Raiders of the Lost Ark right now

Bellosh

22 minutes ago, Thor said:

Wasn't one released a few years ago?

Expanded, not complete.  Very sloppily assembled with numerous sound quality and pitch issues.

2 hours ago, Jim Ware said:

Expanded, not complete.  Very sloppily assembled with numerous sound quality and pitch issues.

Oh. Shows how much I care, I guess.

38 minutes ago, Jay said:

It also came out 11 years ago, not "a few years ago"

What a day when those expanded scores came out.  Broken Bridge/British Relief for hours.

Totally agree, I can continuously listen to all 3 scores over and over again and never get tired of them.

The day we finally get definitive, complete, great sounding editions will be marvelous.

Don't get me wrong, I like the score to Indiana Jones 4 very much and never had a problem with it (other than the poor cue selection used for the OST album), but it's not in the same league as my love for the original trilogy

I hope the eventual proper release will be separate! I don't really want Indy 4 at all.

Since Disney Records owns all the SW and IJ scores now, even if a physical edition is a box set that combines scores together, they'd theoretically be available digitally so you can just get the scores or even tracks you want individually that way

4 minutes ago, Holko said:

I hope the eventual proper release will be separate! I don't really want Indy 4 at all.

I give you both a boo and a hiss.  Boo!  Hiss!

Dull underscore!

Uninspired rehashes (which never happened in the other ones)!

Not as great a recording!

Adventures of Mutt is pretty fun. I have it on Spielberg/Williams III, though.

15 minutes ago, Holko said:

Dull underscore!

Uninspired rehashes (which never happened in the other ones)!

Not as great a recording!

You know I actually agree with most of these points .  Although, slightly disagree with the rehashes.  I'm not sure what other theme he's supposed to write when we see a picture of Henry Sr. or when Marion is back involved. But I get where you are coming from.

But I still LOVE the score.  I guess an Indy score to me will always be something I love and want to listen to.

1 minute ago, Bellosh said:

Although, slightly disagree with the rehashes.  I'm not sure what other theme he's supposed to write when we see a picture of Henry Sr. or when Marion is back involved.

Yeah those are fine, for the most part I was thinking of recycling unique setpiece motifs/settings/things.

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

Yeah those are fine, for the most part I was thinking of recycling unique setpiece motifs/settings/things.

I think that's what lacks the most is the setpiece motifs aren't as special as the other movies.

Even as someone who loves the score, they are very forgettable to someone who is NOT going to love Indiana Jones.

I do love A Whirl Through Acadame though.

56 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

Favorite cue?

I really like the opening sequence, from In the Jungle to Flight from Peru. But I think Desert Chase and The Map Room: Dawn are still tops. I'm going to listen to the Concord album today.

1 hour ago, Ghostbusters II said:

Sadly the Spotify versions of the IJ reissues are just the single discs, not the set with the bonus fifth disc that was hastily squeezed in a flimsy cardboard insert.

Yeah that Bonus 5th disc used to be on Spotify, but was removed a little while back.  No idea why.