Fabulin

How do you plan your TROS listening experience?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How do you plan your TROS listening experience?

• Relisten to all saga scores, listen to TROS, watch the film
    • Relisten to all saga scores, watch the film, listen to the score
    • Relisten to TFA & TLJ, listen to TROS, watch the film
    • Relisten to TFA & TLJ, watch the film, listen to the score
    • Relisten to selected favourite SW scores, listen to TROS, watch the film
    • Relisten to selected favourite SW scores, watch the film, listen to the score
    • Relisten to all saga scores, listen to TROS, won't watch the film
    • Relisten to TFA & TLJ, listen to TROS, won't watch the film
    • Relisten to my favourite SW scores, listen to TROS, won't watch the film
    • Just listen to TROS, no plans
  2. 2. Are you going to avoid score spoilers?

• No, I want it ASAP / I don't want to miss out on discussions
    • Yes, to hear everything for the first time together

I'm going to dim the lights, cover the bed in rose petals, light some candles, put my headphones in and

Just listen.

Won't listen to clips or read discussion, and won't listen until after the movie so that the score doesn't spoil that for me either.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Just going to listen to it when it comes out, no big deal.

I don't give a crap about "score spoilers", never have

I said the same thing to myself with TLJ and listened to the score before seeing the movie.  I had no idea that Yoda was going to be in the film and hearing his theme "spoiled" it for me.  Granted it wasn't a huge deal but still...  

I don't care about movie spoilers either.  I loved Star Wars when I was as teenager, but after the prequels and sequels, I don't care any more

I don't listen to Star Wars scores before seeing the movie, no.

But if they released a track as a pre-release "single" like they did with DOTF or BOTH, I would listen to that.  But they don't do that anymore.

3 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I'm going to dim the lights, cover the bed in rose petals, light some candles, put my headphones in and

.... may I join you? ;) 

For TFA I listened to the concert pieces plus read all the comments here before hearing it all for myself in the movie. 

TLJ, I read all the early reviews and indulged in the OST repeatedly then saw the flick.

So I think I’ll try to stay away from hearing or reading about any of the music this time, no track lists or any awareness of new/returning themes etc. and just get it all with the film for the last hurrah. Will see how bored I am by December but TFA and TLJ had more mystery with new directors, wondering how he was going to approach it, how would he continue the TFA themes etc. I feel like those questions have basically been answered now plus it’s JJ again, and there’s been Solo and Galaxys Edge in the meantime, and the new Mutter arrangements are forthcoming so I’m not as ravenous for more SW music going into this one. I’m very excited but should be easier to just wait it out, my main curiosity is how it’ll stick the landing in context.

And will relisten to the rest of the saga this year fo sho.

7 minutes ago, Larry O said:

The score to a film can't really "spoil" a film for me. Or rather, if the music is good, familiarity with the music will only increase its emotional power when I see it in context.

This.

I was kinda excited before THE FORCE AWAKENS, since it had been so many years since JW last visited this universe, and I thought maybe this had to reawaken the spark I last heard in 2005 (alas, it did not). But now, it's not really something that moves heaven and earth in my life. I'm curious and mildly exicted, of course, but that's about it. I've also toned down the expectations significantly after the disappointing THE LAST JEDI.

Probably difficult to understand for this STAR WARS-obsessed forum, I know. :D

I'm going to probably listen to all the scores in succession at some point in and around the time of its release, but I cannot say that I have a plan. I probably won't even do that because of time constraints.

As to what will come first, listening to the score or watching the film, it's whatever I end up doing first. I don't have a system for that. I suspect I'll probably listen to a few tracks that would've gotten people talking, then watch the film, then listen to the album in full.

Hopefully there will be a FYC release and/or and isolated score on the Blu-Ray. Fingers crossed.

I'm very, very much hoping that by the time this thing hits theaters we're going to start getting rumors or (feeling really optimistic here) a straight-up press release regarding "Skywalker Saga" collections, including the scores. The full scores. 

It is really weird that the only two films to have had any sort of isolated score release are Phantom Menace and The Last Jedi. I understand some of the behind-the-scenes reasoning behind it, but considering what a splash the announcement of Last Jedi's isolated score made relative to most soundtrack news, I'm hoping there was some sort of message sent about there being some sort of market for a saga-spanning release of all the music. 

Or at least, enough of a market to make giving Michael Matessino & Co. a call... 

49 minutes ago, Thor said:

I was kinda excited before THE FORCE AWAKENS, since it had been so many years since JW last visited this universe, and I thought maybe this had to reawaken the spark I last heard in 2005

What about The Spark in TLJ? ;)

I usually like to see the movies first, so I'll probably do that.

I also don't care about spoilers in track titles, at least not for Star Wars.

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

I read it as TRON first.

So did I, and was momentarily confused about why someone would be querying how I plan to listen to that score :P

I'll listen to TROS as and when it leaks/is released. Couldn't care less about the film or spoilers.

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

Better than Trapanese's Tron: Uprising?

Isn't Tron: Legacy essentially Trapanese's too? He did a lot of work on that score under Daft Punk's name. 

I’ll listen as soon as the CD is available here, which will probably be late since that has been an issue with Disney’s Star Wars.

Don’t mind about spoilers since I don’t care about new Star Wars movies and won’t watch IX.

I would wait to listen to the score in the film if I knew that I would be watching the film soon after its release, which was my case with TFA. But with TROS I don't plan to watch the film until well after its release. So it's straight to the listening room!