NEW Rise of Skywalker Vanity Fair Article includes picture of Williams conducting

Disco Stu

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

It's definitely the same podium but there's significantly more markings in the 'newer' photo than the TFA one. If anything, that indicates this new photo was taken quite recently.

Yea, I definitely spoke too soon, what you say here is more logical

5 minutes ago, karelm said:

With four violins, four violas, a bunch of horns and trombones?

Maybe it's a new arrangement?  Chamber orchestra?

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Maybe they are already recording for TROS, and that's why there's a photoshoot.

How many professional photoshoots have we seen of recording sessions? Can't be many.

http://scoringsessions.com/

Yes I know you were joking.

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

http://scoringsessions.com/

Yes I know you were joking.

Sorry, I meant a professional photoshoot for the purposes of publishing it for a magazine. By a top notch photographer.

Not fly on the wall promo pics for a website,

19 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Well Mr. Smarty Pants, I don't think anyone's arguing it was a 'faked' recording session, just that we can't determine if this was taken at a TROS recording session or staged during something else.

The caption doesn't say it was a Rise of Skywalker Recording session, though. 

And yeah, people were arguing that it was faked. It's on the last page. You're just now saying it was "staged" which... 

You guys are trying to answer a question that isn't even a question, is all. Think about it - this article had to be prepped and put to bed how long ago? Which means the photos themselves were likely taken all at the same general time period in order to be put through the same production pipeline at the magazine so that they could hit the same deadline. If you can determine when that rough time period is (and you can) then... there you go. You already know he's written 25 minutes of music. You know he's recording some of it very soon. You know he's recorded music for Star Wars in the very recent past, too. You know all this stuff! 

It's a cool picture of a great composer. That's really all it is. There's nothing more to it than that. Enjoy it! 

The caption says it is John Williams conducting the Star Wars score....

The screen has a TROS shot.

The LinkedIn article stated the sessions would begin in June....

6 minutes ago, Larry O said:

And yeah, people were arguing that it was faked. It's on the last page. You're just now saying it was "staged" which... 

LOL, no they weren't. Literally one poster used the word 'fake' and the post was clearly in jest:

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I think everything in the photograph is fake. The image of Williams conducting might be genuine, but nothing else is! 

No, if you guys were legitimately having fun trying to solve this puzzle there was no call for me to come in and diminish that fun for you. Nobody volunteered me to do that for the good of the community (that I'm joining late as it is), and it wouldn't have hurt anyone if I'd simply stayed quiet and out of the way. 

So: apologies. 

Just because I'm apologizing for a social misstep doesn't mean I'm like, in some sort of existential agony or anything. It's just an apology. It's not that big a deal. It maybe seems that way since it doesn't frequently (ever) happen on the internet, but trust me - it's chill. We're fine here. 

On with the show. 

4 hours ago, Holko said:

Yeah, the photo itself may be specifically lit or regraded, but it was taken at a recording session. Which means something is/was being recorded.

Trailer cue? :)

27 minutes ago, The Original said:

Why do these Vanity Fair shoots always have that fake, artificial look to them? Like everything is set up to the most minor detail?

Its more artistic.

1 hour ago, Damien F said:

That wasn't Williams conducting. It was actually Andy Serkis in mo-cap.

It was William Ross!

6 hours ago, Incanus said:

Crumbs: Are these characters autoerotica?

John Williams: No, we have no animatronics here. Those people are the real miracle workers of Sony Scoring Stage.

Aiheeseen liittyvä kuva

I was going to quote that too! lol