Stefancos

The Last Crusade is 30 years old.

Love the film, love the score, Connery and Ford are terrific in this

I'd love to see the cut that Williams scored to, finally see exactly what No Ticket and Keeping Up With The Joneses was specifically written for

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Love the film, love the score, Connery and Ford are terrific in this

I'd love to see the cut that Williams scored to, finally see exactly what No Ticket and Keeping Up With The Joneses was specifically written for

Obviously guesswork and not the original cut but....

I dream of a better CGI in TLC. The docked Zeppelin and the tank miniature falling off the cliff are just unbearable to watch. Where are the special editions when they are really needed? Maybe around the time of the next Indy movie they will try to make some super-hyper-re-release and fix those btw?

That being said, happy birthsday to my second favourite movie of all time.

To a modern sense of decorum this comparison might at first be jarring, but I think that while Williams was right in being reserved about the Schindler's List, he surely was worthy of scoring the quest for the Holy Grail. The reverential music for the Grail and the studious professor Henry Jones is quite an experience even after years of relistens.

I wonder what liturgical marvels would he compose had he been born in a musical family near Vienna of 1732, like Haydn, or somewhere in the 1830s---like Brahms and Saint-Saëns.

16 hours ago, Jay said:

ILM was incredibly overbooked for the summer of 1989 and surprisingly it was Spielberg who was not the one to get their best work that summer

If only WETA Digital had been around back then. 

17 hours ago, Jay said:

ILM was incredibly overbooked for the summer of 1989 and surprisingly it was Spielberg who was not the one to get their best work that summer

Also, it didn't help when over half the f***ing budget went on four (four!) people!

I have fond memories of this film, my son would be born 2 weeks after the movie opened.

It’s the third best IJ film and score. Connery and Ford are great together. Elsa is kinda unnecessary and didn’t care for how Marcus suddenly became a buffoon.

Anyway, such a great album. One setpiece after the other, each with its own set of dramaturgy and structure, like individual, independent compositions. And all the setpieces come together well. And even my beloved 'religious sound' on display. In terms of the films, I will always put RAIDERS first. But in terms of the score, this is it! And that's not to the denigration of DOOM, which is also brilliant. CRYSTAL SKULL, the film, I liked better than most people I know, but found the score largely disappotining.