The Last Crusade is 30 years old.

Love the film, love the score, Connery and Ford are terrific in this

I'd love to see the cut that Williams scored to, finally see exactly what No Ticket and Keeping Up With The Joneses was specifically written for

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Love the film, love the score, Connery and Ford are terrific in this

I'd love to see the cut that Williams scored to, finally see exactly what No Ticket and Keeping Up With The Joneses was specifically written for

Obviously guesswork and not the original cut but....

ILM was incredibly overbooked for the summer of 1989 and surprisingly it was Spielberg who was not the one to get their best work that summer

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

ILM was incredibly overbooked for the summer of 1989 and surprisingly it was Spielberg who was not the one to get their best work that summer

What were the other films? I only know of Ghostbusters II.

The FX in TLC look fine to me. I just don't understand why there's a part when Indy goes to the top of the stairs in the library and there's a very obviously fake bookshelf behind him.

16 hours ago, Jay said:

If only WETA Digital had been around back then. 

17 hours ago, Jay said:

Also, it didn't help when over half the f***ing budget went on four (four!) people!

21 hours ago, Jay said:

Too many movies for one effects house to give their A game to at once!

I think William Shatner said the same thing in trying to defend Star Trek V’s crappy SFX.

I have fond memories of this film, my son would be born 2 weeks after the movie opened.

It’s the third best IJ film and score. Connery and Ford are great together. Elsa is kinda unnecessary and didn’t care for how Marcus suddenly became a buffoon.

I got my Indy III and ST: TMP CDs together in mid 1989. Happy memories.

And the SQ on Indy III never bothered me either.

Anyway, such a great album. One setpiece after the other, each with its own set of dramaturgy and structure, like individual, independent compositions. And all the setpieces come together well. And even my beloved 'religious sound' on display. In terms of the films, I will always put RAIDERS first. But in terms of the score, this is it! And that's not to the denigration of DOOM, which is also brilliant. CRYSTAL SKULL, the film, I liked better than most people I know, but found the score largely disappotining.