Has JW recorded a score elsewhere other than UK or Los Angeles?

Matt C

2 hours ago, Faleel J.M. said:

Some of Temple of Doom was recorded in Boston IIRC.

IIRC at least the Sanskrit chant for the ritual was originally pre-recorded by the members of the Boston Symphony/Pops.

And Heidi was recorded in Germany. From the Quartet Records' site (who released the new edition of this score):

As Heidi was a joint production with Studio Hamburg, Williams recorded his score in Germany with members of the Hamburg Opera. He later recorded supplemental album tracks at CTS Studios in London (including the song “A Place of My Own,” with lyrics by Rod McKuen).

6 hours ago, artguy360 said:

Boston and Chicago for sure. Also in this place called London.

6 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

I think that’s in the UK.

No it's not, it's in Ontario.

Did The Dubliners record their stuff in Ireland?

The infamous Story of a Woman was recorded in Rome, Italy, even though JW wasn't present at the session (Universal Pictures music supervisor Stanley Wilson was there in his place), as he was busy in London working on Goodbye Mr. Chips.

If I might expand a bit on the OP's original question, has JW recorded any albums, film scores or otherwise, with any orchestras other than LA, Boston, or London (besides the ones already mentioned...Lincoln, Saving Private Ryan, etc.)?  Where he himself was the conductor?  I can only think of two; the first Cinema Serenade album with the Pittsburgh Symphony, and the Star Wars album with the Skywalker Symphony (which I believe was made up of San Francisco-area based musicians).  There was also Call of the Champions (along with Hymn to New England) with the Utah Symphony, but the rest of the American Journey album was made up of tracks recorded in LA.

Are there any others I'm not thinking of?  (And I'm not including any of the jazz albums from his Johnny Williams days....)