lemoncurd

Hymn To The Fallen performed live during D-Day anniversary celebration

I was wondering today if this would be played today, and I am not surprised to hear that it was. Thanks for sharing the video. Even in German, it was cool to see (and of course bits were in English from the speeches). I suspect JW is too humble to have thought that this piece would become part of memorials the world over (we heard it during President Bush's funeral last December too), but I bet Spielberg figured this would happen the first time he heard it.

@TheUlyssesian Many thanks for posting this video!  I have to admit I got a little misty-eyed watching that segment, I'll need to set aside time to watch the whole thing.  

I honestly feel that we'll be hearing this tune at various occasions for the next 100 years and beyond.  A true modern-day classic!

Instead if saying "thank you" to all those who died, and who aren't around to hear it (oh, the irony ;)), they should be reading DULCE ET DECORUM EST out, at every ceremony, to remind everyone of the fucking futility of these poor people's deaths.

The fucking hypocrites.