So Ridley Scott is directing a Gladiator sequel...

Muad'Dib

Apparently Ridley wants to do Gladiator 2

http://movieweb.com/gladiator-2-ridley-scott-story-idea/

And there's a review floating around that describes what they had in mind originally. Mind you, it's completely bonkers. But it's interesting in its own way...

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/01/29/the-unbelievably-insane-gladiator-sequel-that-almost-was

Script 'Thelma & Louise 2' by Alan Smithee

Exterior - Opening Scene

The sound of wind blowing. Fade-in. The camera moves through the shiny white clouds. We hear faint music. Suddenly a Cadillac Sedan Deville jumps out of the clouds. The car has wings! We now recognize the music that is playing. It's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! 

Ridley Scott: "Brilliant! I now know what my next movie will be!"

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, John said:

I know why. He's looking for a project that is easily authorized, funded and that has the potential to be successful (the Alien/Prometheus universe no longer is that) because he has a work addiction. His biggest fear is to sit at home looking through the window. Work -> project -> money.

• 7 months later...

Well, there's a dead horse they haven't kicked yet!

Will CG Oliver Reed look even better?

30 years later? Reeks of The Revenge of The Son Of Gladiator. Anyway, not sure if Gladiator is still a thing with the latest generation.

Is Russell Crowe's Maximus being resurrected for this? If so I'm on board, and why not?

Although I wish they'd just stick him on the boat again instead FFS.

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

I have never really thought to try an actual OST listen. 

Master and Commander had quite a controversial score in soundtrack land, since its wasn't swashbuckling naval adventure. I do like that percussive, textural style.

6 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I have never really thought to try an actual OST listen. 

It's also one of those rare scores where the classial music and original score complement each other perfectly.

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Master and Commander had quite a controversial score in soundtrack land, since its wasn't swashbuckling naval adventure. I do like that percussive, textural style.

I love a good swashbuckler score, but I don't think that would have worked well in this film with its more serious tone.