The NINTENDO Thread

Jay

This is all you gotta do!

Except he does some kinda weird glitch-thing in 4-2 I don't understand, normally you climb up the vine to get to the warp zone

I'm not in the same hurry you console guys are, who have to beat games before their systems break so their trade ins still have value. Emulators are forever.

Bad analogy over.

• 3 weeks later...

YES!!! The only Zelda games I don't own!!!

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons Both Coming to 3DS

EDIT: Woops, I read too quickly, and thought they were being remade and not just a part of the virtual console. Bah! Just like with music, I prefer owning a physical product over a download. Oh well.

EDIT 2: Oh man, in my excitement, I completely missed the ACTUAL exciting news of the day!

Nintendo is making a brand new Zelda game for the 3DS, and it's a sequel to A Link To The Past!!!!!

Zelda-Link-to-the-Past-Nintendo-Direct-6

Wow , a 2D 80's style Zelda game. Just looking at this screenshot makes me want to buy a 3DS and play it

some of you guys are playing games in pure nostalgia mode

quint how long does Bioshock take to complete? I have a hard time believing a 20 hour game is "deep"

The original article I linked to has been updated to have a gallery of over a dozen images from the game!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Wii U is barely next gen. It's only a half-step up from the Wii, which itself was kind of a half-step up from the GameCube. By the time the other companies release their next consoles Nintendo will be left in the dust.

It all depends on how you define next generation. If you mean it's the current generation of offering by a company that is meant to financially compete with everything else, then sure it is. (The Cleveland Browns are technically an NFL team, right?) But if you're looking to compare performance of one system to the average performance on the competition, then it's not even in the same ballpark.

The Wii is fine for what it is, so long as you accept it cannot graphically compete with a 360, PS3, or high end PC. It's fun for kids, groups, or older casual gamers, but the less affordable competitors offer better performance. Most Wii users accept this or don't care.

But for the WiiU to largely be the same almost decade old hardware is a slap in the face to anyone who expected a serious upgrade. Certainly Nintendo calculated that the original Wii's antiquated graphics and processor could be offset by its innovation. The WiiU does not offer a compelling enough new innovation to justify an upgrade.

• 4 weeks later...

New Wii U Mario game:

New Wii U Mario Kart game:

Zelda: Wind Waker remade in 1080p for the Wii U:

And the Zelda: A Link To The Past sequel trailer:

All awesome

New Wii U Mario game:

All awesome

Whilst these will no doubt be good, solid games; it's hard to shake the feeling that it's all over for the Wii U. When Nintendo's big E3 showing amounts to wheeling out the old reliables twenty years after they originally debuted you know something is fatally wrong.

New Wii U Mario game:

All awesome

Whilst these will no doubt be good, solid games; it's hard to shake the feeling that it's all over for the Wii U. When Nintendo's big E3 showing amounts to wheeling out the old reliables twenty years after they originally debuted you know something is fatally wrong.

Exactly. I'm actually tired of Mario and Zelda.

• 1 month later...

Well, it seems the US version of Xenoblade Chronicles sells for about 300$ new on Amazon and 150$ used on Ebay

http://www.amazon.ca/Nintendo-XenoBlade-Chronicles-RP/dp/B007RNWUC4

Scrap plans getting a Wii for that game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New Mario game coming to the Wii U! It's basically a sequel to the Mario 3D Land game for the 3DS, which is awesome

Some other new games announced:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo/videos

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/11/watch-nintendos-e3-2013-presentation-here/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He wrote less music than he did in the past, I meant role (as per my edit)

No, the opening intro cinematic.

Who wrote Ballad Of The Goddess, then?

Mahito Yokota?