Sign in to follow this  
Andreas

Messageboard update done -> 4.4.4

I'm not a fan of, on mobile, shifting the unread thread to the left to make a spot for the Plus sign for creating new topics. Muscle memory and all, now unread threads requires a longer reach. Seems like the new button should have been placed in the empty spot. Oh well. 

So basically now we have an integrated quickbutton for Giphy so we can find our very often used reaction gifs just a tad bit quicker than if we googled and pasted them from a new page.

We can't really afford to host 9mb personal photographs on our servers forever.  Host them somewhere else and embed them in your post

39 minutes ago, Jay said:

We can't really afford to host 9mb personal photographs on our servers forever.  Host them somewhere else and embed them in your post

You have done so for quite a few years without ever saying anything about it.

I think hosting 9MB images on a discussion forum aimed at film score discussion and related topics is a big much, when its ridiculously easy in 2019 to host images elsewhere and just put them in your post that way.  We have no ads on this forum and pay for everything entirely from donations, and the more hard drive space the forum takes up, the more we have to pay, which means the more we have to collect

High res, certainly.  But both hosted ON our servers, AND over 9mb each? Are you sure?

I was never suggesting that people do not have large, high res files of their own photography, of course.  I am wondering if people were uploading those native, large files at those original sizes as attachments stored on our servers, rather than either attaching smaller versions or hosting the full res on an external site and embedding it from there